Hagler got robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Thank you! Talk about one of these things doesnt belong here.

Comment

Words like, "duck" and "robbery" are used way toooooo much by the causal fan. Shame!

While we're at it, I wish the casual fan would research the technique, footwork and iq required for both slick fighting and banging.....Both require iq, footwork and technique....get so tired of hearing he just runs and hes just a dumb banger....complete nonsense...they would all make u run with a superior iq in all aspects
      Last edited by pvj; 08-21-2016, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        That is one of those boxing myths that I hate. He didn't "clearly" lose the first 4 rounds. It's been a while since I've seen the fight, but I know that at least one of those rounds was Hagler's.

It's like the people who say Castillo clearly gave away the first 5 rounds or whatever to Mayweather.
        Leonard won rounds 1,2,3,4,6,10 and 11......hagler won 5,7,8,9 and a very close 12th round....even the 5th round up untill the last minute Leonard was winning it.....no way was it a robbery ...Leonard won a 7-5 fight and all the rounds Leoanrd won he won them clearly...this was no robbery and Leonard at the end of the day dictated the tempo and the style of fight ..hagler didn't win this fight

Comment

The fight was garbage, should've been a draw

Comment

Marvin won that fight

Comment

People actually talk about Hagler's bodywork while writing off Ray's lethal combo's that stood Hagler up and even backed him up once or twice pitty pat punches..... Ray won at every facet of boxing that night.

It's a shame that people like those in this thread will let preferences ruin such a display of greatness.

Comment

Hagler got clearly outboxed and outsmarted.

He fell way behind in scoring and it was just to late. Boxinh is hit and dont get hit.he didnt really touch leonard in the first half..

He should of had the hearns mentality and went for broke right away as a southpaw.
                Ray hadnt fought in years.

No tune ups, straight for monster and won

Comment

7-5 SRL.

TS is a muzzy.

Comment

I had Ray barely winning. Enough split opinions on here that it was very close but not a robbery. I just will never understand why Haglar didn't come out like a rabid animal. I don't see how Ray would have survived an onslaught like Hearns received (I do realize Hearns tried going toe to toe with Haglar). I don't care what people (mostly people who missed the great 80's guys) say that this was s garbage fight. It was a great fight and Ray showed what an absolute all time great he was. Nobody had more heart than SRL.

Comment

Working...
                    X