Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs Kimbo Slice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would love to have seen this 10 years ago. Roy would've taken Kimbo to school. I think that goes without saying.

Kimbo by KO if it were to happen tomorrow, though.

Comment

1 of America's top Heavyweight prospects or an extremely shot Cruiserweight?

I'm going with Kimbo via KO in the 3rd round

Comment

I cant believe what i'm reading in this thread, not RJJ anyone ANYONE with moderate skill wipes the floor with Slice, doesn't even have to be good, dude gets winded in the first round like its the last, and some tubby guy hits him semi almost kinda but not really hard and he was out of it and the only reason he won is because tubby was so out of shape he got grazed by the most weak body shot i ever seen anyone go out on.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          Kimbo is so horrible that I still think that a shot Jones has enough left to KO him.

Kimbo is more of a circus act than Butterbean ever was, and that's saying something. He gassed out in the first round and was getting wobbled all over the ring when he fought that Shane Tilyard guy.

It took 10 rounds for Lebedev to finally catch up to him enough, and Lebedev is a few levels above Kimbo.
          Roy has gotten a lot worst since than.. and Lebedev is not 'several' levels above Kimbo. They are around the same and Kimbo is still improving

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
            I'll tell you one thing.

Roy have never fought anyone even close to Kimbo's punching power.
            Let's not forget Roy is shot.. and Kimbo got decent skills.
            Kimbo Slice is just as good as Samuel Peter was and much stronger.

If Roy beat Kimbo.. it will be a top 5 win..

Roy Jones Jr Best Wins
            1-James Toney
            2-Bernard Hopkins
            3-John Ruiz
            4-Jeff Lacy
            5- Vinny Pienznanaza

Kimbo Slice is better than Vinny.
            Kimbo Slice better than Samuel Peter?..come on man..you cant be serious Kimbo cant even go 8rds..lol..he is a freak show and backward brawler. If he beats Roy at this point it means nothing Roy should of retired after loosing to Glen Johnson.

Comment

I'll tell you one thing.

Roy Jones Jr Best Wins
              1-James Toney
              2-Bernard Hopkins
              3-John Ruiz
              4-Jeff Lacy
              5- Vinny Pienznanaza

You can't be serious,Kimbo is fucking awful

Comment

Interesting fight.
                I just said in the other thread Toney would be able to get through the rounds with Kimbo and win a decision but im not so sure about Roy.

Roy and Toney were beat by Lebedev. Roy was winning rounds whereas Toney got dominated but Toney was able to last whilst Roys chin got shattered when he was hit in the last round. Might see it play out similar here. Kimbo is awful as we all know but when you look at the guys that have been sparking and dropping Jones, do they all have Kimbos 1 punch power? Can Roy take a shot clean from Kimbo?

If I was a betting man Id say that even though though Jones may be semi elsuive and give abit of a lesson to Kimbo for as long as it lasted, he would be eventually be tagged, hurt and not be able to absorb it. Kimbos best chance is early and I tink he'd only need 3 rounds at the most, after that he gasses himself so Id lean toward Kimbo by KO. Afew years ago that prediction would have been insane but time changes everything.

Comment

I'll tell you one thing.

Roy Jones Jr Best Wins
                  1-James Toney
                  2-Bernard Hopkins
                  3-John Ruiz
                  4-Jeff Lacy
                  5- Vinny Pienznanaza

right just forget Montell Griffin,Mike Mccallum,Virgil Hill,Julio Cesar Gonzalez and Antonio Tarver... keep disrespecting and Reed will slaughter you hehe

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                    I cant believe what i'm reading in this thread, not RJJ anyone ANYONE with moderate skill wipes the floor with Slice, doesn't even have to be good, dude gets winded in the first round like its the last, and some tubby guy hits him semi almost kinda but not really hard and he was out of it and the only reason he won is because tubby was so out of shape he got grazed by the most weak body shot i ever seen anyone go out on.
                    The voice of reason.

Roy would smoke check this fool, shot to pieces or not, Kimbo can't even throw punches for a minute and thirty seconds let alone put enough together to catch Roy and stop him. Blind hatred.

One guy said Kimbo is better than Peter, another said him and Lebedev are the same level and Kimbo is improving? You cannot be serious.

Kimbo Slice is a nice story, and I wish him nothing but the best, and he does look to be improving....But he kind of sucks. Lebedev is a world class operator, however basic his skills are, and not long ago Roy was fighting a decent fight that was tough to score, he was even winning on one of the cards I believe IN RUSSIA at the time of the stoppage which was like literally less than 5 seconds left in the fight. Kimbo Slice is a nice story, nice guy, hard worker, but he is not 'one of america's best young hw prospects' as someone in this thread had alluded to...
                    Last edited by raf727; 02-01-2013, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Roy UD. The only thing that makes me think twice about that (which I try to do regardless) is that Kimbo is powerful enough to be able to hurt Jones wherever he lands on Roy's body. Still, Roy UD.

Comment

Working...
                      X