Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question...6 year old enrolled at boxing gym.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question...6 year old enrolled at boxing gym.

Not going to mention where but the gym that he goes to has produced a good number Olympians and some decent pros even a champ or 2. They assured me that they do things the right way and my kid is picking up quick. The class is mostly Mexican kids with 1 black kid and a Pilipino. He goes 2x a week for an hour each time. So far he has learned to hit the mitts and jump rope and absolutely enjoys it. I am paying now but they say when he is 8 and on the team he will be free.

However while driving home one day on garden grove blvd there was this gym. Jam packed. Every person in this gym was Mexican, I was curious so I asked how much and what the schedule was. It was the same price but the kids in this gym as young as mine were going everyday for 2 hours a day. I am thinking that may burn my kid out but they will definitely have an advantage when it's time to compete. There are some bad ass kids where my son goes to but none jumped rope like this little kid I saw at that gym, how was skipping like he started when he was 2. Should I even trip or should I go with the flow. Thx for advise
Working...
X