No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ross’s Iffy Math a Sure Sign of “Boxing Autumn”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ross’s Iffy Math a Sure Sign of “Boxing Autumn”

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Amid journalistic response to the first score Jimmy Lennon Jr. read Saturday night in Las Vegas have been calls to hunt down judge C.J. Ross, examine the outfit that gave her license to judge fights in the first place and righteously trot out the haughty “See, this is what’s killing boxing!” phrase.

But we really ought to thank Ms. Ross for an unintended contribution to the cause.

By watching the 12 rounds of interaction between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Saul Alvarez and deeming it a dead-even encounter – then having the chutzpah to insist she got it right – the stern-faced lass with the initialed name has created the exact flashpoint angst needed to topple ineffective regimes.

Before that torment wears off and the great media horde goes back to obediently feeding at the promotional trough, it’s high time to take another run at revolution. And, because the marketing folks that labeled recent Middle East tumult as the “Arab Spring” seem to be on to something catchy, I’m going to co-opt their hard work and call this one the “Boxing Autumn.” [Click Here To Read More]

Garbage idea. I have an idea(and this is gonna sound real crazy), but why don't the commissions hold these judges accountable for these horrible scorecards. As in the case of Williams vs Lara. When incompetent judging is this darn obvious then these people shouldn't be allowed to judge anymore. I mean for crying out loud this woman actually thought Bradley beat Pacquiao, that in itself is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Garbage idea. I have an idea(and this is gonna sound real crazy), but why don't the commissions hold these judges accountable for these horrible scorecards. As in the case of Williams vs Lara. When incompetent judging is this darn obvious then these people shouldn't be allowed to judge anymore. I mean for crying out loud this woman actually thought Bradley beat Pacquiao, that in itself is a joke.
      When they don't get punished, I always assume it's because it's for a reason.

Comment

When all is said and done-and I didn't watch the fight- both Ross and Moretti had 4 rounds with the same scores for Alvarez.

Comment

Doug fisher is a scrub! Dude scored the fight 116 to 113 because he picked Canelo to win, and now he is trying to make the fight close. How do you get 113 with out any knock downs or points deducted? He should never judge a fight with that score

Comment

Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
            Doug fisher is a scrub! Dude scored the fight 116 to 113 because he picked Canelo to win, and now he is trying to make the fight close. How do you get 113 with out any knock downs or points deducted? He should never judge a fight with that score
            Scored a round even

Comment

Firstly, Mayweather obviously definitely won the fight, although he won most of the rounds, there were a couple where he didn't really do anything. But not a draw of course, Floyd's a terrific defensive wizard and excellent counterpuncher. Whether as great a defence as Whitaker or Willie Pep can be debated. But that commentator Bob Sheridan was kissing Floyd's ass from the 1st round, and ended up saying he's better than Leonard and Sugar Ray Robinson. Lol! What a joke. Robinson only lost in 92nd fight. Let's be real, 'Money' ain't as great as them, and Hearns would've killed Mayweather at welterweight. Fact. Still, props to Floyd though for some great skill.

Comment

As bad as CJ Ross's scorecard certainly was, was it that much worse than the judges scoring the first fight Mayweather vs Castillo in favour of Mayweather? It was crystal clear Castillo won the first fight, and Mayweather won the rematch in a close but clear points win. Pacquaio-Bradley, and an old fight Hearns-Leonard II are some examples of pretty bad decisions as well.

Comment

She was put in there for a reason, by who? I don't know, but it seems she did what she was supposed to do. After the Bradley/Pac fight she should have been on everyone's radar and nowhere near this fight. And yes, he was definitely schooled that night. Outclassed and out-boxed.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                    As bad as CJ Ross's scorecard certainly was, was it that much worse than the judges scoring the first fight Mayweather vs Castillo in favour of Mayweather? It was crystal clear Castillo won the first fight, and Mayweather won the rematch in a close but clear points win. Pacquaio-Bradley, and an old fight Hearns-Leonard II are some examples of pretty bad decisions as well.
                    It was not crystal clear. That was a close fight in which I thought Floyd lost but in no way was it crystal clear. That fight could have gone to either one of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X