No announcement yet.

Canelo's Stamina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo's Stamina

His stamina is terrible he better get running... 152 catchweight wont help him either. Floyd starts potshotting him to hell.

Apparently the chest rubber himself admits Canelo will be drained.

Leonard Ellerbe on Cotto vs Pacquiao:

"He was a dead man walking when he went into the ring," Ellerbe said. "The casual fan doesn't know what difference one or two pounds can make when a fighter is already down to weight. Fighters know."

Comment

The fight, at 152, is ridiculous. If I were a Floyd fan, i'd be embarrassed.

Comment

I'll never understand how a 154lb or lower weight fighter has bad stamina, the dude is gym rat and he's tired by the 4th or 5th round while having a low output of punches, I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          I'll never understand how a 154lb lower fighter has bad stamina, the dude is gym rat and he's tired by the 4th round while having a low output of punches, I don't get it.
          Having to get down to 154 may be it, and rehydrating up to 172 is evidence of that.

Comment

Canelo will beat Floyd. His stamina will be good enough to get the job done. If team Mayweather wasn't worried they would have fought him at 154. The catchweight won't help Floyd. It just means Canelo will have to train harder and be leaner and meaner and faster and better.

Comment

Some people will try and justify Canelo's stamina cause he had to chase Trout but this dude has shown bad stamina vs smaller guys too.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                Having to get down to 154 may be it, and rehydrating up to 172 is evidence of that.
                I guess you're right, but JCC Jr has great stamina and he rehydrates just as much as Canelo.

Comment

Canelo has been learning to be more defensive by moving his head more and changing levels as he comes forward...that is an exhausting style of fighting and he may still be learning how to do it effectively without OVER doing it. He OVER did it against Trout and that's why he gassed.

Canelo is a smart fighter though and people aren't giving him the credit for being a very skilled boxer puncher. I suspect he'll get better at this style of fighting but the catchweight could be an issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X