Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardest punching lightweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Baltazar's left hook is one of the best left hooks I've ever seen. Super short, locked-up, incredibly fast, and lethal. If he had anything else besides it he'd have been very special- his left hook was that great.

Edwin Rosario is definitely one of the hardest-hitting 135lbers ever, while Edwin Valero- with his garbage resume (especially at 135)- shouldn't even be mentioned.

Comment

I'm with McGoorty on this..

Can't think of anyone who hit harder than Lew Jenkins at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
        Tony Baltazar's left hook is one of the best left hooks I've ever seen. Super short, locked-up, incredibly fast, and lethal. If he had anything else besides it he'd have been very special- his left hook was that great.

Edwin Rosario is definitely one of the hardest-hitting 135lbers ever, while Edwin Valero- with his garbage resume (especially at 135)- shouldn't even be mentioned.
        I agree with this. To me, Valero is one of the most overrated fighters on a boxing forum.

Comment

Definitely a no, on Lew Jenkins, tough fighter, but more boxer than hard puncher, yes, he hit hard, but I would rate 25 guys or more ahead of him.

Comment

Get Valero & Gans off this Hardest punching discussion, man, read up on your boxing, Gans does not belong in this talk. and Leonard does not belong on a top 10 hardest punching list either. both great boxers but not hardest punchers,

Comment

This may not be the popular choice but Shane was very hard hitting at 135. The hardest hitter ever? No but definitely worth a mention.

Comment

Valero spent most of his Career at JWW, he was not a LW, so place him the top 5 hardest JWW punchers or top 10, but not at LW.

Comment

Shane did hit hard at this weight, but not even top 10, but doesnt mean he did not hit hard, just means 20 other guys did.

Comment

Not sure where you get the idea that no one hit harder than Lew Jenkins, I've read & seen all I could find of him, yes a tough fighter, yes he did hit hard, but not even top 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Rspen46 View Post
                      Valero spent most of his Career at JWW, he was not a LW, so place him the top 5 hardest JWW punchers or top 10, but not at LW.
                      Valero never fought above 135. Maybe you meant junior lightweight?

Comment

Working...
                      X