Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather, richardson and roach all in the running for hbo commentating gig

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how the hell is floyd even an option, he stutters like a motha****a.......lol

Comment

Option 1 Ray Leonard

Option 2 Kevin Kelly

Option 3 Sean O'Grady

Comment

Out of the three, I would enjoy Floyd the most. The problem is that while he is an active boxer, like Jones was, his "Money" persona would turn off a lot of people. Jones did exude a certain swagger before fights but none like Floyd does. It's going to be hard for casual viewers to separate Floyd's distinctive personalities in and out of the ring. I'd say that he'd be a great commentator only if he's already retired.

Other than that, I can't see Roach doing it because he sounds like he's taking a **** most of the time, and Richardson, while very informative, seems uncomfortable around the camera.

Comment

Actually, you know who would be good and is a Mayweather? Jeff. Jeff knows his ****, is intelligent, but still witty enough for TV. I would love to see Jeff get some love

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
            how the hell is floyd even an option, he stutters like a motha****a.......lol
            Honestly must have the Commentators have had some kind of speech barrier. Lennox Lewis with his thick accent, Roy Jones with his country voice, Merchant with his oldness and so on

Comment

baracuda why do you hate floyd so much, every post you make is something negative about floyd...its cool if you are a pacquiao fanatic but give credit where its due and stop looking for bad things to say about floyd....you look pathetic and desperate to find a chance to take a jab at floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Brother Nazim is the obvious choice.

Comment

Originally posted by The Comedian View Post
                  Honestly must have the Commentators have had some kind of speech barrier. Lennox Lewis with his thick accent, Roy Jones with his country voice, Merchant with his oldness and so on
                  I laughed.

Comment

I have never heard Mayweather commentate on a fight before, And i cant imagine him doing it without mentioning how much money he has or how great he is but i never imagine Roy jones being great at it either but i could imagine Mayweather sounding more like Lennox lewis rather than RJJ.

Roach is difficult to hear or understand due to his illness.

Richardson sounds good with a lot of insight also but i would have love to hear the other 'magic man' in Paulie Maglinaggi who like Tarver knows the in and out of the boxing game.

Comment

Originally posted by slickfox View Post
                      baracuda why do you hate floyd so much, every post you make is something negative about floyd...its cool if you are a pacquiao fanatic but give credit where its due and stop looking for bad things to say about floyd....you look pathetic and desperate to find a chance to take a jab at floyd.
                      lol....you want me to say floyd would be a great commentatetor even if i know he usually does'nt have anything smart to say and always stutters like a mofo esp when lying?.......ok, floyd would make a great commentator!....you happy now?....

Comment

Working...
                      X