Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr: I Would've Made Canelo Suffer, Go To 150

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people have to stop looking at things so black & white. I understand where Senior is coming from. He wouldnt talk like that about everyone but he thinks guys like Canelo are cheating the system. He thinks they should be fighting at higher weights but go down to have a huge advantage and he doesnt think its fair.

Back in the day they had the same day weigh-ins but thats not the case anymore. If you hear Senior talk about Junior, you will always hear him talk about how small Floyd is. He thinks Floyd should probably be fighting at 140 and doesnt truly belong at 154.

Even then I think he can live with it if a guy is a normal 154 pounder but he doesnt believe its fair to let these guys put on nearly 20 pounds overnight. Thats why he says that. Its funny how he's a ***** for wanting Canelo to come to 150 but Canelo's not a ***** for having a 20 pound advantage in fights where most of his opponents have come from lower divisions

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
      Or Floyd Sr is displaying the opinion behind the skill he has passed down to his son of avoiding prime fighters and weakening anyone who poses a threat and that's why we care what he says?
      Wow thats deep conspiracy right there but really you care cause your hater so quit lying.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
        fight would be easy but you want him to drain down to 150?
        Size don't matter doe, Alvarez could weigh 200 and it wouldn't matter doe.

Comment

Canelo is 22 years old

Think about that

Comment

Canelo will lose by UD, too inexperienced...

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              people have to stop looking at things so black & white. I understand where Senior is coming from. He wouldnt talk like that about everyone but he thinks guys like Canelo are cheating the system. He thinks they should be fighting at higher weights but go down to have a huge advantage and he doesnt think its fair.

Back in the day they had the same day weigh-ins but thats not the case anymore. If you hear Senior talk about Junior, you will always hear him talk about how small Floyd is. He thinks Floyd should probably be fighting at 140 and doesnt truly belong at 154.

Even then I think he can live with it if a guy is a normal 154 pounder but he doesnt believe its fair to let these guys put on nearly 20 pounds overnight. Thats why he says that. Its funny how he's a ***** for wanting Canelo to come to 150 but Canelo's not a ***** for having a 20 pound advantage in fights where most of his opponents have come from lower divisions
              Nonsense both Cotto and De La Hoya ballooned like hell the day after the weigh in but it's a convenient arguing point because here is a guy who actually poses a legit threat. You have an issue at 154 don't fight there period. Cheating the system? How many guys has Floyd JR fought who haven't had the proper time to adjust to 147? Plenty..two fights in a division is not a proper adjustment..if we want to be technical about it let's pull up the marquez vs mayweather situation and we can talk about unfair.

Comment

Wow SR needs to think before he speaks

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                  Why? Fight is signed all hes doing is getting people to talk about fight. Floyd already the villian so it doesnt matter but this is like free promotion

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                    I think the laws of physics proves this to be impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                      Nonsense both Cotto and De La Hoya ballooned like hell the day after the weigh in but it's a convenient arguing point because here is a guy who actually poses a legit threat. You have an issue at 154 don't fight there period. Cheating the system? How many guys has Floyd JR fought who haven't had the proper time to adjust to 147? Plenty..two fights in a division is not a proper adjustment..if we want to be technical about it let's pull up the marquez vs mayweather situation and we can talk about unfair.
                      Youre talking nonsense. Neither Cotto or Oscar balloned up to 172 and both of those guys came from atleast 2 divisions below. 154 is Canelo's 1st divsion and he's huge at it. Its a night & day case. Then you talk about guys adjusting but that doesnt bother me. Even then Floyd comes in at 150. Thats the point. Those guys are actually bigger than Floyd on fight night.

This is a unique situation. Thats what you are missing. Its a guy who is super small at his own weiight and is in his 5th division moving up to fight a guy who is super huge at that weight and its his 1st divison. Nothing you named is anything close to that situation.

Then you say if you dont like it then dont fight? My point has alwyas been, what is wrong with a guy trying something and then moving back down because he realizes its too much. He's only had 2 fights there and they were literally 5 years apart. Those 2 fights also happen to be Floyd's worst 2 performances in the last decade in most people's mind.

You act like he fights there all the time and then is choosing not to fight Canelo at that weight. Its not the case. He fought Oscar, thought it was too much and moved back down. 5 years later he gives it another try and his performancd was so far below his level that he called his dad back to train him.

I for one am not a hyprocrite. I dont always have a problem with catchweights and I dont think the answer is the same for everyone. Some fights deserve it and some dont. 152 is perfectly fine for me but dont act like this is a normal fight. A guy in his 5th division who wont even be at the weight on fight night going up against a guy in his 1st division that will put on 20 pounds after the weigh-in is not a normal fight no matter how much you try to justify it. Its a special accomplishment by Floyd if he shall win

Comment

Working...
                      X