• who's greater joe calzaghe or winky wright

who will be remembered as the greater fighter
    joe calzaghe
    64.00%
    winky wright
    36.00%

joe calzaghe all day long.......

Comment

Calzaghe will be remembered more, but prime Winky was better and really was something to see.

Comment

JOE for sure! i love wink but the work rate alone would be a bit much for wink. plus wink had a good defense but didn't have actual stopping power. Joe in a very close fight for sure!

Comment

I think it's argubale, despite thinking Winky isn't at all a lock for the HOF.

I really don't rate Calzaghe highly at all on any list other than the ATG SMW and British fighters list.

Comment

Winky fought guys in their primes and took a lot of challenges. He also fought far better opposition.

Comment

LOL !!

Winky and it's not even close.

Comment

winky by far. remind me those who picked calzaghe, at what point in time was he ranked in the top 3 on the p4p list. retiring with an undefeated record and claim to be great but you never cracked 10 ten on most p4p lists b/c he didnt fight anyone. winky was concensus #3 p4p for a while. nobody wanted to fight him. joe had the more glorious career b/c of promotion but winky is by far the greater fighter by far. lmfao to the guy talking about winky vs. calzaghe. winkys was a small middleweight and legit 154 most of his career.

Comment

Ok I'm flopping. I was thinking late winky... the winky that showed up against Vargas was a beast! and he did take on challenges. i just the weight difference could be a slight issue.

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
                    winky by far. remind me those who picked calzaghe, at what point in time was he ranked in the top 3 on the p4p list. retiring with an undefeated record and claim to be great but you never cracked 10 ten on most p4p lists b/c he didnt fight anyone. winky was concensus #3 p4p for a while. nobody wanted to fight him. joe had the more glorious career b/c of promotion but winky is by far the greater fighter by far. lmfao to the guy talking about winky vs. calzaghe. winkys was a small middleweight and legit 154 most of his career.
                    In fairness, Calzaghe was considered a Top P4P fighter on most list's for the last part of his career.

Not that that really means anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X