No announcement yet.

Here's a sobering and sickening thought about boxing in America today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a sobering and sickening thought about boxing in America today

The belt that muhammad ali once wore is on the line tomorrow in a HW clash and nobody here gives a damn.

I would bet 999/1000 people in America don't know who vitali is, much less adamek.

There is no appreciation or respect, and that's a shame for a HW as great as vitali. It sickens me.

Originally posted by Forza View Post
    The belt that muhammad ali once wore is on the line tomorrow in a HW clash and nobody here gives a damn.

I would bet 999/1000 people in America don't know who vitali is, much less adamek.

There is no appreciation or respect, and that's a shame for a HW as great as vitali. It sickens me.
    Most non boxing fans barely know anyone besides Manny and Floyd. Whats your point?
    Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 09-09-2011, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I dont know a lot of people know the Klitschko name Americans may not know he is fighting tom but they know the name. Its true that this fight does not mean much in America but this fight is massive in Europe 44,000 tickets sold it was originally slated to sell 42,000 but there was massive demand and printed more tickets. It is also being televised in over 130 countries. But it is pretty sad compared to what Ali fights used to have. But there will only be one Muhammad Ali.

Comment

And why is it that no one knows or cares anymore when the Heavyweight championship fights were once the biggest events in world sport? I'll tell you why, too many belts, WBC, WBA, IBF, IBO, WBO etc (WBA super champ and regular champ bull****). PPV has also killed it, the general non boxing public will watch a good fight (one that means something other than a big payday for promoters) but won't pay extra for it.
        Boxing needs a unified legitimate world ruling body with one champion at each weight. Then the fights/belts would mean more. Put it on free to air, the advertisers would queue up to pay to get their brands promoted on it as the audiences would be HUGE and boxing would once more rule the sporting world. I've been following boxing for 30 years and I hate the way it's gone (won't ever stop me watching though!)

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post

the alphbet orgs have made the belts a joke

Comment

I already feel bad for Adamek. Vitali is the greatest hw since Lewis.

Comment

People know the Klitchko's ..

Casual fans know who they are, but they're known for being boring and for being a part of the reason in the lack of interest in HW Boxing and Boxing in general in this era.

Comment

Why would Americans care about two boring heavyweight champions that take no risks even though they are 10x bigger than any opponent they face?

Because you think they should?

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped Bird View Post
                  Why would Americans care about two boring heavyweight champions that take no risks even though they are 10x bigger than any opponent they face?

Because you think they should?

That's ironic considering "bigger is better" was coined in America, they should love both brothers.

Who cares about 2 midgets fighting?

Comment

Vitali is not a salesman like ali was. plain and simple. ali was a cultural icon as it was, vitali isnt. nobody cares. i dont. i know vitali is just gonna crush that lil bastard tommorow

Comment

Working...
                    X