did felix trinidad lack defense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did felix trinidad lack defense?

as a top fighter level fighter, did he get hit too often

Felix mindset was Seek and destroy. So he was always thinking "yeah land that BS jab, cause I am just lookin to land this hook and go home."

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
      as a top fighter level fighter, did he get hit too often
      he had just as good defense as pacquiao. manny just has better foot movement. tito looked 2 hit u and didnt mind taking a punch or 2 to do so.

Comment

He wasn't a defensive wizard, you would not confuse him with a Whitaker.

But, his defense wasn't garbage either.

Comment

I have to agree his Defense is similar to PAC's as they both have the same mindset and are willing to take a hit to get their punches in ...

Comment

I've always thought he lacked in defense just a bit but he made up for it by packing nuke's in both hands.

Tito was an all around great fighter. Could bang with both hands, was fast, good footwork, could cut off the ring, he could box, etc...

Tito is better than anybody in boxing today.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
              I have to agree his Defense is similar to PAC's as they both have the same mindset and are willing to take a hit to get their punches in ...
              What does Pacquiao have to do with this thread? And no they're not similar, Tito's defense was much better than Pacquiao's. Pacquiao is susceptible to just about any punch (thought we haven't seen him fight a puncher in years), whereas Tito was not.

See the problem with you *******s is that you bring Pacquiao into threads where he has no relevance. Why did you even bring him up? So other people could debate who was better, Tito or Pacquiao?

Well the answer is quite simply Tito, by a country mile.

Comment

pac has nothing to do with this but they may have brought it up cos of my pic but i aint comparing the two. this is about tito noone else

Comment

The best defense is a good offense

Comment

Tito's defense was okay but he definately started to rely on his power while he was moving up in weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X