Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should GGG leave HBO if they don't force Canelo to fight him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should GGG leave HBO if they don't force Canelo to fight him?

When his contract ends soon he should play hardball and tell them he isn't resigning unless he gets a deal like Kovalev got with Ward. HBO isn't offering the money to get him the big fights so the only big fight he can get on HBO is Canelo. GGG has been a good soldier for HBO and has done everything asked of him. I'm sure Showtime would offer him a nice contract and pay the money to make the fights happen.

I think they should for sure explore their options since they can't get the big fights & HBO doesn't seem to be bankrolled to force them like they may have been in the past, but the one thing HBO seems great at historically is inspiring confidence & loyalty in their brand by their fighters. So that said I don't really see that happening in particular seeing how K2 & GGG seem to interact with others in the past. They just don't seem like guys who'll try to leverage things to their best outcome.

Comment

hbo can do their best but they cant force canelo into the ring. If a fighter is scared to fight, what can they do?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        hbo can do their best but they cant force canelo into the ring. If a fighter is scared to fight, what can they do?
        Nobody can force anybody into the ring. But they can influence them like they did with ward and Kovalev. I'm a concerned boxing fan. I'm important

Comment

Working...
        X