Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kenny Porter: We'll fight Spence in the future. When he becomes more of a name

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's almost no upside to fight a Spence right now. People who's already establish would rather go after other big names or champs to get more recognition. Spence is going to have the same problem had when Jrock was chasing Jermall. They aren't gonna fight him unless they have to.

I don't even think even think when Spence gets a belt Porter won't be interested in that fight for awhile.

Comment

No want for Porter/Spence right now.

Maybe down the road. porter needs to get back in win column and spence still building

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        True, but I'm pretty sure they can fight for brook's vacant title. Peterson or jeff horn has been the rumor for awhile for spence.
        Peterson can't punch. In the end that will be his undoing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Spence is stuck at that spot in his career where he is a lot of risk but not much of a reward.

He just needs to stay active and dominating, and he will break thru with a big fight.

Right now I think spence vs someone like Guerrero, peterson, Berto or Devon would be a solid test and would really raise spence's profile

Yep.........

Comment

Originally posted by IFightDirty View Post
            After Porters last fight against Thurman he's not looking for another L or a high potential of an L. I think Porter has a chance at beating Spence. Porter has the power to keep Spence honest and I dont know if Spence can box a full 12 rounds without getting caught like Thurman and Brook did.
            You sound stupid. Brook and Thurman landed over 50 percrnt of their power punches. What the hell do you think Spenceis gonna do. Spence will lander the cleaner shots, Porter will smother each others work. The judges will remember the cleaner punches by Spence. A decision or a ko by spence

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              Peterson can't punch. In the end that will be his undoing.
              Agree, especially at welter vs a big puncher like spence

Comment

ehhhh porter has lost alot of momentum a pence win will bring him back to the forth front but on the flip side a spence lost will put him on the back burner for a long time till he can win some fights and impressively to crack the top 5 again and get a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
                  I agree. If Porter can't maul you, he can't beat you. I like Porter's aggression but frankly speaking, he's really a one dimensional come forward fighter.
                  Porter has no serious power. That's his downfall. With that work rate and if he packed more of a punch. He'd be a real serious problem, even as a one dimensional fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    So what?

Being in tough fights doesn't magically imbue him with the skills to beat Spence..Thurman..or even something like Kel Brook.

Soto-Karras has been in tough fights,I guess he beats Spence too.

Margarito better hurry up and whip Spence since he's been in plenty tough fights.

Sarcasm aside,

Spence would destroy Porter and he and his handlers know it.
                    You're talking about everyone being in tough fights-except Spence. And just because you say Spence destroys Porter doesn't mean jack. Porter destroys Spence. Easily said. Thurman and Brook destroy him. I have to see Spence do it.

Comment

The only reason people rate Brook and Thurman over Spence is because of their win over Porter who's best win is Devon Alexander or Adrien Broner. I think the Alexander win was more impressive at the time. The only people Spence can beat in order for people to rate him is Brook, Thurman, Garcia, or Porter.

Comment

Working...
                      X