Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: "I think Carl Froch Will Fight Gennady Golovkin next year"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 40 years old coming off a 2 years layoff? Let the man enjoy his family.

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post
      A 40 years old coming off a 2 years layoff? Let the man enjoy his family.
      He'll probably be around 39 if the fight happens and honestly the layoff might have done him good.

Comment

I could not possibly admire Froch more if he came back to fight Golovkin. I think it's a terrible idea but damn would he be a freaking hero for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          No. The DeGale fight would be bigger in the UK. I don't think Hearn is talking about a UK fight, most likely Vegas. HBO wouldn't put on an afternoon PPV.
          ^^^ This, for sure...

... But Golovkin was after the UK money in Froch... On another hand GGG can't sell as Chavez Jr in Vegas, so I guess that Golovkin will not entertain the idea.

Anyway: Hearn's job is to sell Froch's comeback, therefore he uses GGG's name in the process -- which is not new.

Comment

Who is the fighter Hearn is talking about being added to the bill that everybody knows?

Lots of people seem to think it's Malignaggi.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              He's correct there but money talks.
              How much money do you think Froch could make fighting Golovkin (at Wembley, of course)?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ^^^ This, for sure...

... But Golovkin was after the UK money in Froch... On another hand GGG can't sell as Chavez Jr in Vegas, so I guess that Golovkin will not entertain the idea.

Anyway: Hearn's job is to sell Froch's comeback, therefore he uses GGG's name in the process -- which is not new.
                A Froch comeback does not need "selling".

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  How much money do you think Froch could make fighting Golovkin (at Wembley, of course)?
                  He makes more fighting Golovkin in Vegas or at MSG imo. Then it would be HBO PPV. Golovkin's last PPV didn't do great but I think a Froch fight would do a lot better.

If Froch is going to fight in England, he might as well fight DeGale.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

Significantly less than against Groves because of the crazy purse bid limiting Groves to only 15%. Carl took home over $12mill US dollars, he'd probably have to settle closer to half or 2/3 that vs Golovkin. But he's gotta keep Rachel happy so......

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I could not possibly admire Froch more if he came back to fight Golovkin. I think it's a terrible idea but damn would he be a freaking hero for it.
                      Why would he be a hero for it? The only reason people want to see that fight is so Golovkin can have a win over him.

Comment

Working...
                      X