No announcement yet.

(POLL) More Shocking 1st Loss: Tyson, Jones, or Chavez Sr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K12 View Post
    Is this thread even needed? Haha. ESPN ranked Tyson bring ko'd as the number 1 upset. I swear people just make threads just because there's a button.
    Originally posted by New England View Post
    tyson and douglas is probably the greatest upset ever

it got my vote. i was young at the time but i could still tell that it was earth shattering. mike tyson was believed to be all but invincible.

honorable mention to jones, who got knocked out cold, and in his prime had superhuman abilities surpassing tyson's
    Originally posted by 2stepshep View Post
    Tyson's loss to Douglas is not only considered the biggest boxing upset of all time but one of the biggest upsets in sports period.

I picked Tyson in my OP, but I could see some people making a case for RJJ.

I watched both fights in real time and I was equally as shocked at both. For Tyson, I was somewhat happy, because I wanted him to get upset for a long time. For Jones, I wanted to hide in my room for the rest of the month.

Either way, both losses had an equal effect on me, that's why I can understand if people pick Jones for first.

Regarding the Chavez Sr loss, I think I heard the news on Sportscenter or something. I didn't see it in realtime; therefore, the effect was nowhere near the same.

Comment

I don't know if this makes sense but I think Tyson - Douglas is the bigger upset but RJJ was the most shocking, the guy was superman and he just fell like a sack of ****.

Comment

Tyson obviously.

Seeing Roy get Koed was shocking but he'd already fought a close fight with Tarver the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          Who had the more shocking loss?

Was it Tyson's loss to Douglas?

Jones 1st loss to Tarver?

Or Chavez Sr's loss to Randall?

Right now, I'm leaning on Tyson's loss to Douglass. I was a kid watching that fight on ESPN. Tyson was a machine; I would've never imagined he would have loss ever in his career.
          Tyson. For these 2 reasonS:

1. Anyone remember where they were when RJJ and Chavez lost?

2. Anyone not remember where they were when they heard Mike got KTFO?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

I do.

Prick.

Enjoy your ban.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              I do.

Prick.

Enjoy your ban.
              When Tarver told the ref, yeah I have a question, whats your excuse gonna be tonight roy? I think roy couldn't believe someone was talkin to him like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

I don't remember where I was when I heard Chavez finally lost.

I was at my boy's house getting ready to go to the club when I saw Roy get stopped for the first time.

I was in my mom's room watching the fight on tv when I saw Tyson lose for the first time. I was 8 or 9 and actually the only one watching it. I had to tell my mom about it and she later became interested.

Comment

I don't remember where I was when I heard Chavez finally lost.

I was at my boy's house getting ready to go to the club when I saw Roy get stopped for the first time.

I was in my mom's room watching the fight on tv when I saw Tyson lose for the first time. I was 8 or 9 and actually the only one watching it. I had to tell my mom about it and she later became interested.
                  I was in my apartment with cats watchin in college. WHen Mike went down,you could hear people yellin. WHen it was over muthaphuckas ran in the hallway like oooh ****tt mike lost. It was CRAZY!

Comment

I picked Tyson in my OP, but I could see some people making a case for RJJ.

I watched both fights in real time and I was equally as shocked at both. For Tyson, I was somewhat happy, because I wanted him to get upset for a long time. For Jones, I wanted to hide in my room for the rest of the month.
                    To this day I can't bare to rewatch the Tyson/Douglas fight.

But with Sup (That's what I call him), I sometimes find myself rewatching that 2nd fight with Tarver and actually hoping for a different outcome. I went through the FOUR stages of grief with that fight.

1. Denial: When Sup slumped back like he did after that "lucky lick", I didn't even flinch. I actually tricked my brain into believing that the knockdown didn't happen.

2. Anger: Immediately, I viewed Tarver as the typical tattle-telling cousin from the suburbs who "snucked" me and then ran and snitched. (He didn't even see the ko punch he threw with his eyes closed as he was clearly losing the fight)

3. Barganing: "Please god... Tell me this isn't happening!!!"

4. Depression: You could literally tell who all the RJJ fans were by the body language and the look on the faces at work the following monday.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X