Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the next Great Fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next great will be someone like Naoya Inoue, Kosei Tanaka or Ken Shiro, one of these Japanese Wonder Kids

Comment

Thurman, Crawford, Lomachenko

Comment

Terence Crawford.

Comment

Jesse Vargas, Thurman once he steps up to 154, Diego De la Hoya, Errol Spence jr, Crawford once he moves up to 140, Deontray Wilder, GGG, boo boo Andrade, Krusher Kovalev.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
              I like Verdejo and Spence. Lomachenko too, he's already a champion.
              Yes yes yes. Verdejo and Spence look great but even then I'm a little cool on both. They have some flaws that make me hesitant.

Comment

Roman Gonzalez is a beast....andre ward...rigo....Wilder..crawford and so on...

Comment

Look now further than Larry Ekundayo. Age isn't on his side but when you have his ability the sky is the limit.

Look at his debut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1y8xSUAFQs

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                    Thurman, Crawford, Lomachenko
                    Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
                    Jesse Vargas, Thurman once he steps up to 154, Diego De la Hoya, Errol Spence jr, Crawford once he moves up to 140, Deontray Wilder, GGG, boo boo Andrade, Krusher Kovalev.
                    See a lot of people mention Crawford, I'll give the guy a shot, I like how he fights (at times) but I really want to see a young hungry fighter unify titles and prove he is the best in the division and yet he's already talking about 140. Big no no for me.

Ain't seen enough of Vargas but Kov and GGG both are the wrong side of 30. Andrade looks good but he really needs a step up. Wilder...let's not go there lol

Originally posted by ElCuchillo View Post
                    I'll keep an eye on this fella, how old is he?

Originally posted by mikinoki View Post
                    Roman Gonzalez is a beast....andre ward...rigo....Wilder..crawford and so on...
                    Gonzalez looks to be awesome, young too but how can you even mention Ward with a straight face?

Comment

I don't think it's gonna be an Al Haymon fighter. He protects his fighters way too much with easy fights for them to be the "next great fighter".

I think of all the Haymon fighters Danny Garcia was on the right path till he fought Hererra. Even though he got the gift decision against Hererra, he should have given the rematch to Herarra instead of fighting Salka (just like Mayweather against Castillo). I have no issues with him not giving Matthysse the rematch, he hurt Lucas & won the bout. This is a huge step down for Garcia, but I think he can bounce back if he takes on a good opponent later this year. Apart from all that Danny speaks English, isn't ugly, has the Puerto Rico crowd behind him & is very marketable.

Canelo: I think Canelo is one of the very few fighters who gets to fight the guys he really wants to fight. Oscar wanted none of Lara for Canelo but Canelo insisted on Lara & got the fight. Irrespective of the controversy of the Lara fight I think Canelo can make it big. Canelo just like Oscar has Mexican supporters, isn't ugly & is marketable. He needs to speak more in English though. He already shares the record for most successful PPV fight against Floyd. He's young & has big names like Cotto, GGG & Kirkland infront of him. Imagine Canelo headlining PPV's at Cinco De Mayo & in September, it would be huge.

Mikey Garcia: If he takes good fights like Gamboa & irons out problems with his promoter.

I think Lomachenko & Rigo have the talent but wont make it big because none of them can speak English & don't connect well with the casual fans. Look at Rigo, Top Rank already had him fighting him on a non televised part of the latest Macau card highlighted by Zou Shimming.

Comment

Working...
                      X