Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best time of the day to train?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best time of the day to train?

Depends?
    Morning because of testosterone levels?
    Afternoon once you have had something to eat and it has digested?
    Work may limit options to early morning and evening and lunch hour. Which one is best in this scenario?

I am too lethargic first thing in morning to train to my full capacity.

Probably not optimal to train on empty stomach in the morning as the body needs energy and nutrition to work and to recover after training. Even stronger reason if you feel your not mentally capable to train at optimal level in the morning.

Personally i find it easier to train in the evening after work if i just have enough coffein, don't have the dedication to force myself to train first thing in the morning.

Comment

you're not training enough if you're waking up tired, i bet you also feel fairly lazy through out the day? you need a good warm-up to get yourself going and enjoying your workout?

when you're training enough you'll jump outta bed the next day and through out the day you will be full of energy and wont be able to hold yourself back from throwing some punches everytime you make your way around the house

but typically, i think you're at your best after digesting some wholesome food, atleast for me, after that i am really pumped, feel thick and strong

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
        you're not training enough if you're waking up tired, i bet you also feel fairly lazy through out the day? you need a good warm-up to get yourself going and enjoying your workout?

when you're training enough you'll jump outta bed the next day and through out the day you will be full of energy and wont be able to hold yourself back from throwing some punches everytime you make your way around the house
        Out of curiosity... how old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          Out of curiosity... how old are you?

why do you want to know?

Comment

why do you want to know?
            At age 23 I'd agree with you about springing out of bed full of energy.

At age 33, however, my body feels and sounds like a rusty drawbridge when getting out of bed no matter how well-trained I am.

Comment

what time do you plan to fight?
              train at the same time u plan to fight

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                At age 23 I'd agree with you about springing out of bed full of energy.

At age 33, however, my body feels and sounds like a rusty drawbridge when getting out of bed no matter how well-trained I am.
                Amen to that. I'm in awesome shape at a spry 34 years of age...but getting out of bed in the morning takes time now

Comment

but typically, i think you're at your best after digesting some wholesome food, atleast for me, after that i am really pumped, feel thick and strong
                  Trust me I'm training a lot. I train almost every day. In good cardio condition and very good muscle stamina condition. Maybe my low energy has to do with my vegetarian diet or because I haven't jerked off since October 2013 - not sure how that's affected my testosterone - I feel the same. I'm 24 years old.

Comment

I think today I just didn't get adequate sleep. Poor workout. Tommorows a new day. Can't beat myself up about today too much.

If I eat 2 bananas about hour before workout, it doesn't help. I don't think my stomach reacts well to certain carbs . Are there different types of carbs in different foods?

Comment

Working...
                    X