Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Sees Roach As Long-Term Solution

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diaz is a damn good trainer. Roach does very well with offenssive fighters.

Cotto is an experienced fighter with skills and at this point not much a trainer is going to do for him.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Heard that before. Let's see what happens Saturday.
      Same here.

Comment

Cotto is going to show in beast mode. Bet on it...with that, I dont like this fight. Delvin is a good fighter with height and reach advantage. It could be ugly. At the end, Cotto will be victorious...but it will be war!

For the people freaking out about how many trainers has Cotto had, you got to understand that this is a business and if he see it beneficial one way or another, then any boxer will change trainers.

Lastly, Santiago was not a "trainer" it was his water boy!!!!!!!

Taking him out the picture then you have:

Evangelista: Family Feud (nothing cant be done)

Steward: Wanted too much money (its a business, and if the numbers dont match, you got to move on)

Diaz: IMHO, there was some type of internal disagreement during the mountains face of the training when his mother (Cotto) wanted to return and likely, Diaz told him to set his priorities straight....Training or go with Mother... combined with possible overtraining...you know the result.

Roach:.......TBD!

Comment

Originally posted by Atharee View Post
          I agree with your post for the exception of Canada having a solid educational program for boxing. No offense to the Canadians on here but they have some of the worst boxing around.
          I meant nutriotion and conditioning and they are top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
            it's cotto....not diaz. diaz just secured rigo one of the biggest wins in boxing.

cotto is KNOWN for flip flopping trainers......he has a deep history of it. it's not the trainers it's cotto at this point..........
            I'm sure that is part of it too, perhaps he gets over losing by needing a change. Whatever, I'm not going to hate on the guy for it, but he left his uncle after a win. (Jennings) He left Steward after the Mayorga win, so the only time he changed after a loss was Diaz. He left perhaps because he doesn't want to accept the blame, but it doesn't mean Diaz didn't contribute to the loss. Cotto is on the slide but he still looked run down and tired in the Trout fight. Maybe he is done but Diaz had him doing 3rd world country training. They don't get access to egg pods and inclining treadmills in Cuba where Diaz trained. He used old school 150 round sparring, a brutal camp on a veteran/old fighter... Trout was also just a terrible match up against Cotto as well.
            Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 10-01-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
              I meant nutriotion and conditioning and they are top notch.
              Ah okay, in the case you're right. I thought you meant the actual boxing program cause Canadians got some terrible boxers/coaches.

Comment

Working...
              X