No announcement yet.

JMM, CANELO and MAYWEATHER fighting on Sept 14- Good Move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMM, CANELO and MAYWEATHER fighting on Sept 14- Good Move

This was in the lounge but i think it deserves posting here.

So there is JMM vs Bradley fighting, which a lot of people will buy. Floyd has ran out of Mexicans and pay per view draws, so he either fights Canelo or he fights Alexander. Canelo on the other hand can fight Cotto.

JMM vs Bradley
    Canelo vs Cotto
    Floyd vs Alexander

Which one would you buy? I'll flip a coin for the first two.

Canelo pretty much is trying to dictate to Floyd to fight him on Sep 14 or else his pay per view numbers will take a hit. That's a bold move, let's see if Golden Boy will carry two pay per views cause if they refuse Canelo might do one on his own. Also if Floyd happens to lose to Guerrero, then Canelo will fight him.

Who could Floyd credibly fight that would would make him the number choice for PPV on that date?? Martinez is out broken hand/needs surgery. Would he dare fight GGG at 154 cause i would buy that over the others, even though I highly doubt it cause if he loses there goes all that Showtime money.

Danny??
    Lucas??
    Khan??
    Broner??lol

I don't see how that would work, that would only hurt Golden Boy's business. Golden Boy is Floyd's boss.

Comment

lol damn gettin spoiled, like last week. How is showtime going to have 2 events though? You know, since Canelo won't fight on a floyd card and all that Diva stuff

Comment

Arum already said if Floyd is fighting on that date he's moving Marquez Bradley to October.

Golden Boy wouldn't have Canelo and Floyd compete on separate events that's just ******ed.

Comment

More than likely it'll be Floyd vs TBA and bradley and canelo competing,

Comment

Well canelo said he is not going to budge from the date. Does that mean mayweather moves date or fights canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Arum already said if Floyd is fighting on that date he's moving Marquez Bradley to October.

Golden Boy wouldn't have Canelo and Floyd compete on separate events that's just ******ed.
              Not only GBP, Showtime won't allow that either.

Comment

Canelo vs Cotto easily hands down as it will have more hype and more intrique then any of the other fights, Canelo should KO cotto but can he? he had a very close fight against a limited fighter in trout.

There is no opponent out there for floyd anymore to sell a PPV on. His stature in the sport will carry the numbers but the hype and fight week Atmosphere has already left command. Take thsi week for instant, no buss what so ever. Mayweather sells his fight off the haters who want to see him lose but with these new opponent selection that mystic of the "he might lose this time" is pretty much gone and with that his hype and buzz is pretty much gone aswell.

Bradley vs JMM will be interesting aswell but neither are mass attraction on their own I just cant see being the most appealing to the masses.

Appeal to the masses will be

1st. Canelo vs Trout
                2nd. Mayweahter vs TBA
                3rd. Bradley vs JMM

Comment

Well....Arum has already stated if Floyd fights on September 14th, he will move Marquez-Bradley. And I'm sure if Canelo wasn't on the undercard, he'd move to a different September date.

I really think it'll be either Mayweather-Alvarez or Mayweather-Peterson, if Peterson beats Lucas.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Not only GBP, Showtime won't allow that either.
                    Canelo has no signed contract with GBP, he outsources his fight through his Canelo promotions through GBP in the same manner Mayweather does, so if push come to shove he can shop his PPV event to HBO if he likes, unlikely but that is a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                    X