Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Loccy View Post
      Go eat a book and die, fat Yank.
      buddy boy ... you ain't foolin no one anymore ... ... eres un chicano juss like the rest ... i'm just more educated and bank more than you

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
          I have only fully read two books in my life. One was the hotzone 5 years ago and the other was The Strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde which i loved. I also read Elie Wiesel Night 6 years ago but i dont really remember it.

Among books i was suppose to read through high school were The Odyssey, Romeo and Juliet, Julius Cesar, The Hobbit, Things Fall Apart, Killer Angels, Lord of the Flies, the great gatsby, Frankenstein, a Tale of two Cities, Othello, The Great Divorce, The Scarlett Letter, The Crucible, American Creation: Triumphs and Tragedies at the Founding of the Republic, To Kill a Mockingbird, Huckleberry FInn, and a few others. I never read one. I just listened to lectures in class about what happened in each one and took good notes. I always did well in English because of that.

In fact i did a small 6 page research paper on White Fang with my thesis coming from what i read from spark notes. I was amazed as was able to have 6 pages of intelligent writing from just spark notes alone. I got a 98 on it. I will never forget that grade because all the hard work i had to put into that for not reading the book.

I had to buy all those novels so i have a nice looking collection of books. Most are in good condition.

If i actually read them all I'd have close to 20 books read in 4 years which is mind blowing to me even though some people read a book a week or so.

I just really cant get into reading. Biographies really interest me but i just cant get the time to do it with so many distractions.

Sorry i just had to vent about that a bit, its funny to me.

Comment

I'm stuck between

"I suspected as much"

and

"then I guess the 1200 page Atlas Shrugged wouldn't be up your alley.

as a response.

Comment

Comment

I also had to read a portion i think of Beowulf, i dont remember if it was the whole thing. I didnt read it but i know just about everything from having a such great english teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by El Mustang View Post
                  buddy boy ... you ain't foolin no one anymore ... ... eres un chicano juss like the rest ... i'm just more educated and bank more than you
                  Good for you, go eat a burrito, and die.

Comment

when we were kids, its kinda uncool to read books thats why.

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
                      great english teacher.
                      Great looking? If it was a guy, you're a ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X