Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANY WIN over Floyd Mayweather Jr., at THIS point... is ONLY a GOOD win.. not GREAT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mangler View Post
    He ain't gonna fight anybody anyway.
    Oh he will... give him 5 years of spending the way he spends.... Tyson, young Will Smith, countless others have burned through FAR more money than Floyd has EVER earned...

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      Oh he will... give him 5 years of spending the way he spends.... Tyson, young Will Smith, countless others have burned through FAR more money than Floyd has EVER earned...
      I do tend to agree, the only way I see him comming back is when he needs some cash.

It is not certain, but I could see it playing out that way for sure (might even be probable).

Comment

If ANYBODY has ANY kind of financial education WHATSOEVER... you would know not to believe about Floyds mouth telling everyone he hasnt lost a dime in the recession.

Celebrities, Artists, Entrepreneus, Business Owners, Investors, Wall Street....

They have ALL lost money, if you owned real estate investments you most likely lost out, stocks as well....

If you have Mutual Funds or CDs then you are locked in and will not lose your money, but the interest you make isnt astronomical, especially for short term gains...

Floyd IS, and WILL, outspend what he has coming in... he is UNDOUBTEDLY spending more money then he is making, and Im willing to say at a RAPID pace.... He will be back, he will fight again... and it WILL be, because he needs money..

Maybe not NEED in the sense that he cant buy dinner... he will always have money... but when you have 60 million, and you start getting down to 10 and 8 million... It isnt enough money to support the lifestyle that YOU (Floyd) live anymore...

Either you adjust your lifestyle accordingly... or you fight again and make that money back.

So I ask you... is Floyd going to tune back his lifestyle in 5 years?

Comment

Reed, I'm probably being nitpicky, but Floyd hasn't been inactive for 2 years. It's only just over a year right now. Of course, IF he comes back, then it could well end up being approximately two years.

As for the Jones win over Toney, it is great, don't let anyone tell you different. Myself, I admit to seeing it in a slightly different light since I learned that Toney had to lose 47 pounds in 6 weeks, but I don't really believe in excuses. If you play the game, be prepared to lose. It's that simple. It's up to the fighters to stay on top of their game. Jones deserves credit for his win, just as Pacquiao does for his win over Oscar, and so on.

There are exceptions, such as when a fighter is obviously fighting only for money (because they really need it)... Robinson or Liston at the end of their careers, for example. Then they get my sympathy. Because Toney can't control his cheeseburger addiction, or Oscar underestimates a smaller guy and thinks he can just get a massive payday (like he really needs it), I just say "tough ****".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
          Last edited by S A M U R A I; 02-27-2009, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Well it' FACTUAL that Floyd has 2 years + of inactivity...

MAYBE this will stop the people who hate on floyd to STOP chasing Floyd for a fight with their favorite fighter.. because, you wouldnt gain what you WANTED out of it.

There would ALWAYS be that asterisk... you didn't beat a prime active Floyd...
            This isn't always the case, especially when the fighter is fresh. Quartey was on something like a 18 month layoff when he came back and fought De La Hoya, and he looked as good as ever. I understand your point though, and it's true.

Comment

Is it because of what I said?

Comment

yes samurai, what i DID mean is if a fight got made TODAY... youd be lookin at most likely August or September IMO.. at the point your around 20 months

I should have clarified...

Comment

yes samurai, what i DID mean is if a fight got made TODAY... youd be lookin at most likely August or September IMO.. at the point your around 20 months

I should have clarified...
                  Right, it's what I thought you meant anyway, hence me saying "nitpicky".

All Floyd needs to do is buy a Yacht and fit 3 bathrooms anyway. Job done.

No comeback needed!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

I've even said it in the past, a well conditioned/ healthy Toney could possibly beat B-Hop or RJJ and I ain't even a Toney fan, dude had crazy skillz/ his defense/ counter punching ability was amazing...only problem was that Toney was a very inconsistent fighter/ always blowing up and **** and looking real good in one fight and bad in another

Comment

im sure those are the investments hes been referring too.

Comment

Working...
                      X