Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any of you taught yourself how to play an instrument?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
    But then you're not really teaching yourself?
    That doesn't matter. Its faster and easier to learn this way and you learn a lot more by having to play pieces in front of the class. Most classes like this are once a week anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post
      That doesn't matter. Its faster and easier to learn this way and you learn a lot more by having to play pieces in front of the class. Most classes like this are once a week anyway.
      Ah yes I completely agree with you BAYBAY!

Comment

Yes I had piano lessons in the early '80s but taught myself guitar in the early '90s with the help of guitar magazines and books.

Comment

Ive had a guitar for like 10 years. I dont really play it much anymore though and never got good or anything. I can play blink 182 and green day type **** that is about it. Black sabbath without the solos which is also very easy. I can play a lot of little pieces of songs but not too many songs from start to finish.

Comment

just the drums. i took guitar lessons for years.

Comment

I taught myself to an extent how to play keys. I began on a drum machine sampling records but progressed to learning how to play keys by trying to replay the samples. From that point it's just creating. I can't read music for ****, but I know how to keep things on key and come up with melodies.

Comment

Working...
              X