Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What road should Kimbo Slice take if he wants to be relevant in Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
    exactly...and well who is big nuff for Klit..geez well that one dude..but he dont count..lol...oh and by the pic...i'd have him learn to keep that left hand up so HE dont get Kayod by another pink haired nobody
    that was pretty sketchy to say the least!

Comment

Try to fight every 2 months, pick the perfect opponents to KO, create a lot of hype with viral videos and with Kimbo confronting and calling out the big names..

If he does that, he'll spark buzz and interest and that's what gets you big fights. Along with a good record. Whether it's a legit record or not people want to either see you get exposed or knock the guy out.

That's what I would do.

Comment

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
        that was pretty sketchy to say the least!
        lol wich part?? that one dude?? lol i coulndt think of name at time I know it now...Valuev, Nikolai Valuev was big enough

Comment

Fight Roy Jones Jr. for mainstream recognition. Roy already offered himself for this fight, and if he can't beat RJJ at this point, then it's a lost cost.

Comment

put him on high profile undercards against bums like butterbean. in fact, have him fight butterbean.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
              Fight Roy Jones Jr. for mainstream recognition. Roy already offered himself for this fight, and if he can't beat RJJ at this point, then it's a lost cost.
              Serious?? Well look right there perfect chance to take advantage of. But that's sad though.. Roy is desperate. But oh well good for Kimbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                Serious?? Well look right there perfect chance to take advantage of. But that's sad though.. Roy is desperate. But oh well good for Kimbo.
                When the news came out that Kimbo is crossing over to boxing, RJJ commented on it by saying that Kimbo would do better in boxing since his fighting base is boxing.
                He then offered Kimbo a fight, if Kimbo is up to it.
                They are both from Florida, so I'm certain that RJJ knows what Kimbo is capable of.

I think this is the best shortcut for Kimbo, if he wants to get in the mix for title/money fights.

Comment

I would try to build on his existing fan base in Miami by having Slice fight at local clubs and other boxing venues in the South Florida region. I would bring him along steadily against the bum 'o the month until he looks decent. After that, try to get him a fight against a high profile opponent like Hasim Rahman, Tye Fields, Monte Barrett, etc. If he wins this fight then try to cash in on a title shot...

Comment

honestly the why America is fiending for a HW champ they will fast track him to the Klits anyways. all he have to do is his part and win. the world will look at it as the HW div is weak anyways.

Comment

The Butterbean route. 4 rounders against novices or journeymen willing to take dives, until cashing him out against a 50 year old ex-champ such as Holyfield.

Comment

Working...
                      X