• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
    pfffft XD Bwhahahaha really?
    Yeah, here it is. Fury with a boner at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKqRr7T2uZ4

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
      Fair point. I mean, it's better than being as boring as paper. Still, I wanna join the fan club of people with some wit, not just the ability to talk crap.

There's nothing sharp about Fury, it's just nonsense.

Even his loyalists will get bored with it eventually, then move on to the next 15min guy.
      It's not about being clever or witty i think you're missing the point. In the age of endless press conferences with the same questions and answers being endlessly repeated... his straight talking is a huge breath of fresh air whether he's being intentionally funny/idiotic or not.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        It's not about being clever or witty i think you're missing the point. In the age of endless press conferences with the same questions and answers being endlessly repeated... his straight talking is a huge breath of fresh air whether he's being intentionally funny/idiotic or not.
        I don't even consider it straight talking - that to me would imply there's some truth or some substance to what he's saying. But most of the stuff that comes out of his mouth is just drivel. He throws a volume of crap against the wall and some of it sticks.

What made the greatest speakers of all, ie Ali great, was that they could tell fables and talk trash in a way that had some wit. He could run verbal rings around people. Fury just talks because his mouth is proportionate to the rest of his body.

Sure, it beats cardboard conferences, but damn, it gets old fast. It's probably fine while he's holding a strap, but as soon as he fights someone other than a statue, and gets some of that crap stuffed back in his mouth, fans will start to sour on it.

Without the belt, he's just a jacked up version Adrien Broner, verbally.
        Last edited by KillaCamNZ; 04-27-2016, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X