Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who remembers the All Time Great, Ricardo Lopez?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Ehh, I would say that's a poor assessment on your part.

A long list of Mexican fighters fought very good-great opposition by the time they finished their pro career.

Ricardo Lopez not so much.
    look deeper into what i'm saying.

who was there in that era for finito to fight at that weight that would have put him over the top? i might be drawing a blank but nene sanchez seemed to be the top of the mountain, also the nicaraguan dude gave him a good scrap. i agree that lots of mexican fighters have great opposition but if there's no real opposition, you can still deduce a talent with objective eyes.

finito was, to me, what a perfect fighter looked like. i'm not talking about his record either. he was just an efficient monster.

Comment

Technically brilliant. I find him a joy to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
        This is not accurate.
        We're do you have him ranked brody?

Comment

El Finito Lopez? naw never heard of em.

Comment

When you're fighting bums like Lopez was, you tend to look like "the complete package". There have been quite a few recent fighters who also look like the complete package and turned out to be ****.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              When you're fighting bums like Lopez was, you tend to look like "the complete package". There have been quite a few recent fighters who also look like the complete package and turned out to be ****.
              if you knew the first thing about boxing, then your post would merit some sort of consideration. you just watch boxing, boxing might as well be my little pony for you.

you're just here to ruffle feathers. boxing? you know fuk all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
                El Finito Lopez? naw never heard of em.
                frijolero, you and i both know that you know he's a fukn monster and if he were at 140lbs .... hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiijole!

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  "Ricardo Lopez fought professionally for 16 years and never lost. He won the WBC, WBO, WBA and IBF world titles, at one point or another and he is the consummate prototype of the boxer-puncher style.

So why doesn't he make this list?

He doesn't because his level of competition was just poor, plain and simple. Him being the greatest strawweight ever means close to nothing to me if his résumé doesn’t feature many quality opponents. And it doesn’t.

He won 51 fights in his career. 18 victories came against men who had yet to ever win inside of the professional ring or had losing records when they fought Lopez.

He made 25 successful title defenses. 13 of those came to fighters with 15 or less wins to their name.

The true mark of a great boxer is that the closer you look—the greater they tend to become. No matter how you cook it, that does not stand true for Lopez.

He was a picture-perfect puncher with a picture-perfect record.

But that seems to be just about it. " - bleacher report.

because he hid out in an anorexic weight division instead of moving up in weight and engaging in great fights vs great fighters.

he had the talent, skill level, and size to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                    because he hid out in an anorexic weight division instead of moving up in weight and engaging in great fights vs great fighters.

he had the talent, skill level, and size to move up.
                    not everyone moves up. he was the cleanse.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                      look deeper into what i'm saying.

who was there in that era for finito to fight at that weight that would have put him over the top? i might be drawing a blank but nene sanchez seemed to be the top of the mountain, also the nicaraguan dude gave him a good scrap. i agree that lots of mexican fighters have great opposition but if there's no real opposition, you can still deduce a talent with objective eyes.

finito was, to me, what a perfect fighter looked like. i'm not talking about his record either. he was just an efficient monster.
                      There was definitely good career enhancing fights for him if he moved up in weight. He didn't.

At Minimumweight he cleared out. However the division was very weak, meaning his resume is not impressive.

If we're talking skill wise then yeah Lopez was very skilled.

Comment

Working...
                      X