Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather's not gonna fight six more times.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather's not gonna fight six more times.

I just read that Mayweather will likely look for a guarantee of $200 million for six fights. I hope Showtime covered their asses. Mayweather won't fight that many times in just over two years. Who's he gonna fight? If he decides to be that active against the best at his age, he's gonna lose to someone. Maybe I'm missing something. Inform me if I am. If he doesn't fight that many times, will he still get all that money?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade...time-ppv-deal/

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
    I just read that Mayweather will likely look for a guarantee of $200 million for six fights. I hope Showtime covered their asses. Mayweather won't fight that many times in just over two years. Who's he gonna fight? If he decides to be that active against the best at his age, he's gonna lose to someone. Maybe I'm missing something. Inform me if I am. If he doesn't fight that many times, will he still get all that money?

The key term in the statement released was "Mayweather Events". So technically he may not need to fight 6 times, yet he does have fighters which he can stage events under his promotional umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post

I doubt he'll fight 6 times either. I thought it was up to 6 times over two years?? He may just fight twice!

Comment

It's over 30 months, so 2.5 years from the start of the contract. That's a fight every 6 months. At this stage of his career I can see him fighting at least 4 to 5 times in that span. 6 times might not happen but I can see him fighting twice this year and twice next year.

Comment

Originally posted by TP6 U Snitch View Post
          The key term in the statement released was "Mayweather Events". So technically he may not need to fight 6 times, yet he does have fighters which he can stage events under his promotional umbrella.
          Did they finally incorporate Mayweather Promotions though?

Comment

If only there was already a thread talking about Floyds new deal, you wouldn't have to make this one.

Comment

Working...
            X