No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBC Title! Says Golovkin Talks Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by panchovia View Post
    If u guys think canelo is ducking triple G you dont know **** about boxing! Who cares about that stupid belt anyways. Golovkin needs to either go down in weight or move up to face andre. GGG does poor numbers why should he be dictating terms. If canelo fights him at 160 GGG gets 20% and nelo 40%. War canelo! #155
    Who gets the other 40%?

Comment

• well we all knew this didn't we so its no shock...let's see who canelo can fight next at 155lb that can possibly give him high numbers but I guarantee you now his numbers will really be affected if he manages to squirm away from Golovkin....golovkins team have been clever because canelo is the one who has the black cloud over him now ...golovkins got the belt now and he might just be willing to meet canelo at 157 and possibly also get a real big purse....if not then canelo's days are numbered as the face of boxing because Mexicans , usa and the world don't take kindly to false messiahs...let's hope golovkin don't have to cut weight to much ...I can't see anyway canelo keeps face jpif he ducks golovkin

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
        I doubt the majority of people that will watch Canelo's next fight will know nor care that he dropped the belt. Canelo is a draw and it has nothing to do with a green leather trinket.
        Now its up to GGG if he accepts the terms that Canelo gives him. He won't get the fight any other way.
        Congrats GGG, you have your belt. Now you get to go back to fighting bums on HBO for 2.5 million a pop. Oh, but now you get to pay the WBC sanctioning fee's to do it!!
        what about fighting the best on a plain level field?

Comment

• Ummm, wow...first, neither Mayweather Jr or Pacquiao will ever be remembered as GOATs...sorry. They're HOF material, no doubt, but not GOATs.

Mayweather's fight with Berto as is last hurrah was an insult to everyone. Manny decided to fight Bradley for his last hurrah for the 3rd freaking time...really? LOL

FMWJ and MP both ducked each other for years, and when they finally got it on both were not at their peaks. Bad examples man.

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Manny made a career out of fighting at catchweight, Floyd enforced a catchweight on Canelo and then went 2 years not defending that belt at 154 instead defended it at 147. Both Manny and Floyd went 5 years "ducking" each other. Yet neither guy's legacy was effected, neither fighter lost fans over it and both are rich beyond belief. When you get to this level it ain't about belts. And to make fights at this level you have to give in to the bigger star not come in making demands to the bigger star. Cotto threw this same belt in the trash and didn't lose a single fan, laughing at you thinking Canelo will.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... Yes: everybody watching the sport are plain stupid, except you and Canelo.
            I didn't say that. Boxing is a niche sport now and while casuals watch the big fights they don't keep up with divisional rankings. Everytime I go to a fight party in the last 5-6 years I am explaining to the majority of people there who has what title.
            Don't get salty, I am just explaining the facts. This doesn't affect his marketability one bit. He will still make big money in his next fight and Tecate and Under Armour will still pay him big bucks to endorse their products.
            GGG is the big loser here. The only leverage he had was the mano status which means nothing to Canelo. Who else is GGG going to fight on PPV or make what Khan just made to fight Canelo? Leverage is all about options. Canelo has them, GGG doesn't. No one cares about Daniel Jacobs/GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
              Or most likely he's going to fight Danny Jacobs, which is a massive fight.

Meanwhile Canelo will be on his knees begging Cotto for a rematch. A fight that will do even worse on PPV than the Khan fight.
              Good luck making that fight with Haymon but even if you jump all those political hurdles that fight doesn't make HALF of what he would of made if he just kept his promise about fighting at 154 or 168. Canelo just did 600k PPVs fighting a mismatch with Khan. He could fight anyone and still get paid 10X what GGG makes fighting bums like Wade. I'll say this slow so you and all the idiot GGG fans can hear me. GGG needs Canelo a lot more then Canelo needs GGG. That's just a fact no matter how you try to spin in. Canelo fighting on PPV while GGG's only PPV was a monster flop doing 150k.

Comment

• where are all the ducking boys?

ducking ducking ducking ducking ducking ducking ducking ducking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Czarczar View Post
                  Yes show GGG who the A side is. Canelo never wanted to fight for the belt Cotto had. Cotto is the one who decided to put up the belt.. Also, GGG said that he would go under 160 for a business fight. So if anyone stops this fight it's GGG.
                  What the hell are you talking about?

This **** is killing boxing.

If anyone stops this fight from taking place it's GG?

Have you got a brain injury or have you found some LSD from the 60's?

Comment

• WHAT A COWARD PIECE OF ****.

This ginger saying this is his era... the ****** era.

I hope he gets killed in a ring. Seriously. I hate this scared coward.

Comment

• What a punk! He will jump in the ring with non-punching small guys at the drop of a hat, but will not fight a guy who is equal to him on the scale's and power wise. I won't pay for another one of his fights and I have paid for all the PPV's he has been involved in.
                      He don't F*** Around!
                      Last edited by doninlouisiana; 05-18-2016, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X