No announcement yet.

Updated Ring rankings...Ortiz debuts as #3 WW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    It's actually not debatable Bika was ranked #6 by the Ring at the time.
    well given the fact that Ring gets criticized often for it's rankings and bias using them as a reference IMO is iffy.

I question Bika being ranked that high due to his inactivity and the fact that he

beat fringe contender Peter Manfredo in 08

beat some unknown guy in 09

got DQ'd in 1 by Mendy in July of 2010

does not necessarily warrant him being rank 6 in Nov of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
      Froch is hardly slick and Dirrell was running for his life and possibly faked and injury at the end of the fight.
      nothing changed through out the fight, he boxed on the outside in respect of his power, and no there no possibility he faked an injury, no reason to. its amazing some people think he wanted out of a fight he was dominating, why because he got knocked down, yea he was thinking there is gotta be a way, omg I slipped, I hope he hits me, omg he hit me, what should I do, just stay down. lol come on man. he hasn't even been cleared to fight, what did he find doctors to say he has neuro problems, these are all unlikely events

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        he didnt effectively outbox him tho. ward outclassed him as well. it wasnt as close as u make it seem.

I scored it pretty close and there were lots of close rds IMO. Those judges cards were horrible I thought. And it was far from an outclassing but it was a clear win.

Comment

People are saying skill wise Ward is greater then Froch... on what basis?

IMO a Ward-Froch fight is a toss up
          Last edited by Danny Gunz; 04-19-2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

on the basis he does everything better, Froch has an edge in power, but foot work, jab, combos, hand speed is similar, ward has better defense, so far similar chins, ward is a way better in fight adapter, and has a slight edge in ring iq. Froch is a fantastic boxer, But ward is just better.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
              People are saying skill wise Ward is greater then Froch... on what basis?

IMO a Ward-Froch fight is a toss up
              Yep, Goat will get ****ed up if he tries that headbutting **** against Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
                on the basis he does everything better, Froch has an edge in power, but foot work, jab, combos, hand speed is similar, ward has better defense, so far similar chins, ward is a way better in fight adapter, and has a slight edge in ring iq. Froch is a fantastic boxer, But ward is just better.
                But again you have to take in consideration who has Ward done this against vs. who Froch has.

Ward may have the better skills but so far we have just seen it against weaker opposition. It certaintly doesnt justify him being above Froch in the pound for pound rankings.

Now I dont really want to get in an argument about this cause p4p rankings in my mind are pretty ridiculous seeing as they are completely opinionated. I just think Froch deserves a little more credit.

Comment

we have already discussed resumes but the pure and simple fact is they both fought Kessler, Ward dominated Kessler every round, Froch had trouble with Kessler and lost, regardless if you think he got robbed he had a poor unimpressive performance,

Comment

aside from the fact ward has been impressive, Froch not impressive until the later rounds against Taylor, not impressive in his highly controversial win over Dirrell

Comment

I personally think Ward should be rated over Froch, and here is why; Froch looked bad in since he faced JT tho he won, JT clearly dominated Froch most of the fight, same with Dirrell(tho it wasnt as 1 sided as the JT fight), IMO I felt Dirrell should have won that fight, a lose to Kessler hurt him in the rankings, and he beat AA which just came off of a DQ lost to Dirrell, and Ward has done nothing but win and win easy.

Comment

Working...
                      X