No announcement yet.

Brad Solomon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Solomon

Why haven't we heard more about this guy recently? He looked impressive against Hopkins, although he does lack power. Who are his promoters/handlers? They need to be fired because he's not young at 28, and I seriously don't remember hearing his name once after the Hopkins fight. They need to put him up against other up and coming welterweights like Mike Jones, Kell Brook, etc or even the lower class guys like Estrada, Garcia, Rodriguez, etc. And FAST! Who knows, maybe he's something special.
    Last edited by BoxerDood; 05-30-2011, 07:46 PM.

The fact that this thread is empty proves my point even more.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
      The fact that this thread is empty proves my point even more.
      rjj reincarnate. Great amateur career and has beaten beaten some decent prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
        Why haven't we heard more about this guy recently? He looked impressive against Hopkins, although he does lack power. Who are his promoters/handlers? They need to be fired because he's not young at 28, and I seriously don't remember hearing his name once after the Hopkins fight. They need to put him up against other up and coming welterweights like Mike Jones, Kell Brook, etc or even the lower class guys like Estrada, Garcia, Rodriguez, etc. And FAST! Who knows, maybe he's something special.
        I think Ortiz and Berto beat him, but he does need to step it up now that hes 28 years old.

Comment

He's a problem.. and with that being said, his style doesn't necessarily attract all the guys at or above his level.

People love knockouts, blood, and guts. Like you said, he lacks power and he has a flashy style. In a sense, he's similar to a welterweight Hank Lundy, just less happy with the feet. It's sad, but the casual sports fan and even some hardcore boxing fans are turned off to that. They'd rather see a devastating ko than rare boxing ability.

Comment

I have seen one fight of his on ESPN FNF last year I believe. It was against some Galarza dude. He won impressively. I just noticed he's had 5 fights since the last fight I saw of his, so i'm guessing he has improved even more.

And I don't think he has bad management, from the looks of it, he's fought EIGHT[8, Ocho] times in 2010. And Demetrious Hopkins is actually a big step up for any prospect.

Hopefully I can catch his next fight.

Comment

We'd hear about him if there weren't 8 threads about Manny Pacquiao asking some ridiculous question and then 8 threads asking those same questions about Floyd in an effort to prove a point either way. I missed his fight on FNF, but I may go find a video and go watch it now.

Comment

I just made a thread mentioning him like 2 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                X