Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd Beats Martinez at 160 will he be the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, he has done nothing since Castillo, what makes you think he will fight Sergio if he is scared of little Manny. He could have been the greatest, but he avoided Paul Williams, Margarito and Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoHooker View Post
      He's a small guy...
      You should have made it clear that you are only joking. Because, there are lots of idiots and other assorted low-level crappers on this site who might take you seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Armstrong was robbed in his fight with Garcia, should of had the Middleweight title as well.
        All the reports I've read reported that it wasnt really a "world title fight", that it was recognised in only one state, as a promotional gimmick, the state it was held in, California. I think that Armstrong was just about 140 lbs and Garcia in the low 150s. He was really a welterweight. As to whether Armstrong was robbed, I can't remember. I suppose Armstrongs will say he was, and Garcias will say that Garcia was robbed.

The facts are that Armstrong was well done by that time and had lost all his titles. Both of them had well over a hundred fights each with Garcia, I think having a lot more. I think he retired shortly after, so it probably was his going-away gift, and meant to be a draw......

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          All the reports I've read reported that it wasnt really a "world title fight", that it was recognised in only one state, as a promotional gimmick, the state it was held in, California. I think that Armstrong was just about 140 lbs and Garcia in the low 150s. He was really a welterweight. As to whether Armstrong was robbed, I can't remember. I suppose Armstrongs will say he was, and Garcias will say that Garcia was robbed.

The facts are that Armstrong was well done by that time and had lost all his titles. Both of them had well over a hundred fights each with Garcia, I think having a lot more. I think he retired shortly after, so it probably was his going-away gift, and meant to be a draw......
          The kicker is, Armstrong already whooped him at welter.

Comment

If he won a 175 title maybe. But it aint happening lol.

Noones taking Roy Jones' spot any time soon

Comment

It would make him the best of this era, but not the greatest of all time.

Comment

No he does not.

A win over Martinez at 154-160 is all the same to me. Obviously a catchweight of 155+ with Sergio's Ring/WBC 160 titles on the line is the best possible win either he or Pacquiao could get right now. That's the only type of catchweight I accept, a catchweight where the guy coming down is willing to come down to, not that he was forced to do it. I see no problem with Floyd fighting Sergio at 154+, since Sergio was offering himself at 150 and is willing to fight Cotto and Canelo at 154.

Comment

are you implying he's not already the GOAT? hater.

Comment

Any one think that when it's all said and done in the future, Floyd would have already beaten the second best fighter after him in 2009; Juan Manuel Marquez? Every body, including myself, is in denial for now. Once Marquez gets that official win over Pacquiao, along with being the owner of like 2-3 other robbery losses over the supposed FOTD, add to that a robbery loss over Chris John. I think we already saw the two best fighters of our era go at it in 2009, but it just didn't happen like we wanted it to. I mean if Marquez wins on Dec 8, he'd arguably have 2 wins at 144-147 over Pacquiao; the same weight where people say was not for him in 2009 against Floyd who beat him handily.

I just think Marquez>Pacquiao. Most likely every one will disagree with me with the following, but I think we saw the two best pound 4 pound fighters of the 2003-2009 go at it already. If you go by your scorecards, then surely Marquez is up there as the second best fighter of the decade after Mayweather.

Sure Mayweather-Pacquiao should have/should happen, just to calm every one down, and that's it. To calm the fever. But that's the only reason why.

Comment

no doubt....

Comment

Working...
                      X