Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas owner Jones doubled Clottey's Pay!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

according to dan rafael of espn, clottey is expected to gain an undetermined % of the ppv after it goes beyond 300K

This is an excerpt of that article.

He had no problem with Clottey, who made $1.25 million plus an upside that kicks in after 300,000 pay-per-view sales.

Comment

if true i give props to jones. i hated him for what he did to mr. tom landry back in the day. the cowboys were my team but the way he handled his dismissal was classless. i'll dislike him a bit less now and won't hate on the cowboys as much either. clottey didnt throwdown but i understand because he was fighting the pacman and the dude was scared. i'm glad he got paid.

Comment

Glad to see J.J isn't a greedy SOB unlike Bob Arum.

Comment

By the time the promotors, tax man and own people take their cut, a fighter will generally be able to bank about 25% of their purse.

Lets say clottey now ends up with a total of 4 million, then he will bank about 1 million

That applies to all fighters, not just Arum's.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
            I call bull**** on that one..
            why?

normally your trainer gets 10%, your cutman gets maybe 5%. Then the rest of your crew may share another 5%. Then Arum gets his cut. It could be 10-20% or so. Then his manager gets a cut. In the case of Pacquiao, his lawyer gets a cut. Then the local taxman gets his cut. Then in the case of Clottey and Pacquiao, their mother country's taxman gets their cut. Then you deduct all your training and actual fight expenses that are not included/covered by the promoter or in this case, Jerry Jones. Who else did I miss?
            Last edited by al22tec; 03-15-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Comment

hey, get the **** out. The discusssions here are ok until you came along with your video ****

Comment

Originally posted by S A M U R A I View Post
                  He def. got a share of the PPV, not sure about the gate.
                  the gate is all jones.

he paid $7 mil. for the site fee right?

not sure how it works.

Comment

Can somebody confirm was this done post or prefight.

Comment

I'm glad Clottey is getting good money for this. After seeing his appartment in New York he deserves better.

Comment

Working...
                      X