No announcement yet.

Shannon Briggs "Wladimir is a punk. I wobbled Vitali in the 10th round."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Oh he was talking about the 11th round. He landed a counter right hand that seems to rock Vitali for a split second : http://youtu.be/5u4yDDaPMBg?t=44m54s
    Wouldn't call that a rock or wobble, more a momentary stun. Rocked or wobbled is what Vitali was in the Sanders fight, big difference, he literally had to back up quickly in that!

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      Bragging about how many punches he took in a fight.
      That killed me

Thanks Shannon, for telling us how shyte your defense is.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        That killed me

Thanks Shannon, for telling us how shyte your defense is.
        One more case of an out-of-shape heavyweight. He would have done a lot better 30 - 40 pounds lighter. He was unable to move and completely gassed.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
          One more case of an out-of-shape heavyweight. He would have done a lot better 30 - 40 pounds lighter. He was unable to move and completely gassed.
          I follow his instagram and he's been quite active in training. Apparently he's down to 230 or something like that, so he's in pretty good shape.

But you don't go from getting 12-0 beating by big bro, take 4 years out of the ring and then get straight back at the champ.

He says he's back, so let us see him vs some of the other has beens.

Comment

at Briggs.

He's only a name because wobbled Lewis in a fight, a fight that he shouldn't even have been in in the first place, as he got there only because he got a gift decision against a 49 year old George Foreman which was arguably one of the worst robberies of its time.

Comment

heavyweight division is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                at Briggs.

He's only a name because wobbled Lewis in a fight, a fight that he shouldn't even have been in in the first place, as he got there only because he got a gift decision against a 49 year old George Foreman which was arguably one of the worst robberies of its time.
                + "wobbled" is probably a bit much!

When he fought Foreman he was so scared of Big George, he wouldn't even throw - It was embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  I follow his instagram and he's been quite active in training. Apparently he's down to 230 or something like that, so he's in pretty good shape.

But you don't go from getting 12-0 beating by big bro, take 4 years out of the ring and then get straight back at the champ.

He says he's back, so let us see him vs some of the other has beens.
                  At 230 (assuming the same muscle) then he's in good shape. I think he could lose some muscle bulk and still have the same power at 215-220. Then his feet would be quicker and he could slip more punches - this would be very good against a Wilder who would tee off against a slow target with little movement.

I think it would be useful being at a lower weight against Fury as well; as Fury comes to hug and push he can move to side, get Fury out of position (not hard) and punish him.

Yeah - Briggs should fight twice this year before really pushing for VK. Fight an Arreola, Povetkin type fighter and then maybe Wilder.
                  Last edited by bklynboy; 03-22-2014, 08:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

briggs is just another washed up has been who missed his shot and now couldn't live with himself. show some self respect man

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Rule #1 -- avoid this prior to going on camera

Comment

Working...
                      X