Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you bet on boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice so I put down 250 and get 350 back a profit of 100. What website or phone number do I use to place this bet or do you have to be in Las Vegas. Just want to learn process.

Comment

i used to sometimes but i havent in a while.

i was gonna bet on bradley to beat pacquiao and would have made some good money but i figured he wouldnt get the decision. so i was wrong twice lol. still bothers me how much money i would have made on peterson beating khan if i hadnt forgot to place the bet

since i lost money on martinez not stopping chavez im laying low on the betting.

Comment

Example...4 to 1 odds....I bet $100 - $200 on the underdog. Then I go ahead and bet the same amount straight up on the favorite with someone from work. There will alway be someone who will bet straight up. It works all the time. You can never lose.

Comment

Just go with the opposite of what Dwyer advises, you'll be minted in no time!

Never have I seen a guy get things completely wrong on such a regular basis.

Comment

Now on these online vegas bet websites. Do you put in your bank info so I can put the 250 on cotto and then when I when will 350 be in my account. This is all legal betting correct? I just want guidance on how and where to do it as I feel like cotto is a lock for an easy 100.

Comment

Whenever I think the odds are in my favor either way, the fight I made the most on recently is Wlad-Haye because I put a huge chunk of my bankroll on that then I went on a pretty good run although a few of my picks didn't win when they rightfully should have. I have just been playing around with fliers since winning some and losing some, gaining a bit but have been enjoying those winnings.

The key is to win big then not give it back getting to a point you don't need to grow your betting pile anymore then enjoy your winnings. Be patient and play when you feel the odds favor you, but don't play to much that was my one mistake in the past but I have come back.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                i used to sometimes but i havent in a while.

i was gonna bet on bradley to beat pacquiao and would have made some good money but i figured he wouldnt get the decision. so i was wrong twice lol. still bothers me how much money i would have made on peterson beating khan if i hadnt forgot to place the bet

since i lost money on martinez not stopping chavez im laying low on the betting.
                I won £200 / $320 on Bradley winning and even then I didn't really believe in it, but i only had to drop £40 down to win it and i thought "what the hell". Needless to say i was chuffed with that bet lol...One of my friends who copied me stuck £100 on Bradley as he always loves a bet, he phoned me at 4am happy he had won but gutted Manny had been robbed I told him to get his priorities right and to forget about Manny losing and to go collect his money

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Just go with the opposite of what Dwyer advises, you'll be minted in no time!

Never have I seen a guy get things completely wrong on such a regular basis.
                I actually won a fair bit ( couple of hundred, nothing major) following some of his tips a few years ago, i'm not ashamed to admit it, but some of his picks can be personal and i've thought slightly racially biased too at times, not all the time, but I don't use his tips anymore

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
                  dude you are talking to a guy who knows what betting is about. okay so lets look at your theory. I dont know the american betting odds, but in the european system your odds in your first example would be decimal 1.2 , meaning if you bet 500 dollars on the favorite, you will win 100 dollars. first of all, thats not a big favorite. and if you bet 10 times 500 dollars on this favorite, you will win the bet probably 8 times at best. That is called reality. So 8 times you win 100 dollars which is a total of 800 dollars. So you lose 2 times out of the 10 times, which is 1000 dollars. So do the math. you lost 200 dollars.
                  and this is reality. You know I am speaking the truth.
                  and when you bet on a Klitschko, the odds are something like 1.05 usually which means you wont make ANY MONEY if you bet on a Klitschko. if you bet 1000 dollars on Klitschko when he is a 1.05 favorite, you will win 50 dollars. and now imagine how often you have to win that bet to make up for the one time you lose. Cause if you bet 10 times on KLitschko like that, you will win 500 dollars. But the 11th time you will lose (cause even a Klitschko loses as the past has shown) the bet and lose all the 1000 dollars. so you lost 500 dollars if you do the math.
                  and this is reality.
                  This is true with something like blackjack or roulette where the outcome always directly follows the odds. But in Sports if you know your sport inside out, you can see the times when the bookies have got it wrong and bet accordingly. As we see every day on NSB the potential outcome of a fight is subjective, and while they do get it right most of the time, there is always oppertunities. I started with £14 in my account and am now on £50 profit from sticking to Boxing and Football (soccer). This is a long term thing so its not down to blind luck. Obviously my numbers are small because i just do it for fun. But say you started on £140?

Bookies make massive amounts off people who bet randomly, and this easily covers the losses they take off the people who know what they are betting on.

Comment

want to bet

Can anyone tell me where I go without going to vegas to do this 250 bet on cotto

Comment

Originally posted by Dandiez1 View Post
                      Can anyone tell me where I go without going to vegas to do this 250 bet on cotto
                      You're better off finding someone at work or at school or in your neighborhood who is willing to do a $100 straight up bet with you. Less risk same payout. And stop asking where you can place a bet. In the US it's illegal unless you're in Vegas. PM someone your question if you really need to know but don't ask someone to post that on a forum. Or google British betting sites.

Comment

Working...
                      X