No announcement yet.

**New York Knicks bandwagon thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
    damn, i never thought i would type the words floyd was right...

Jeremy Lin is overrated.

He's getting exposed now on a nightly basis. It was fun while it lasted.
    He did bad in like 3 of 20 games. He did pretty well in the last three games, today was pretty bad though. He will get it together, the whole team is having issues right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hous View Post
      He did bad in like 3 of 20 games. He did pretty well in the last three games, today was pretty bad though. He will get it together, the whole team is having issues right now.
      When jeremy lin first blew up, judging by the way he kept on playing and the way he kept on putting up amazing stats, everybody really thought he was a great point guard with a ceiling of maybe steve nash. How could you not feel that way after the historic stats he was putting up?

But lately, his warts have definitely been showing against stiff competition. He has a very weak inconsistent handle, he loses confidence big time when on the road, turnovers, his aggressiveness, confidence, and knowledge of when to take a shot has completely disappeared, and he is an atrocious defender.

I thought we had another great point guard in our hands, but his ceiling and potential have now been properly re calibrated.

Instead of the next steve nash as his potential upside, its now been downgraded to the next rich man's version of jj barea.

Comment

damn, i never thought i would type the words floyd was right...

Jeremy Lin is overrated.

He's getting exposed now on a nightly basis. It was fun while it lasted.
        but trade melo, right?

Comment

When jeremy lin first blew up, judging by the way he kept on playing and the way he kept on putting up amazing stats, everybody really thought he was a great point guard with a ceiling of maybe steve nash. How could you not feel that way after the historic stats he was putting up?

But lately, his warts have definitely been showing against stiff competition. He has a very weak inconsistent handle, he loses confidence big time when on the road, turnovers, his aggressiveness, confidence, and knowledge of when to take a shot has completely disappeared, and he is an atrocious defender.

I thought we had another great point guard in our hands, but his ceiling and potential have now been properly re calibrated.

Instead of the next steve nash as his potential upside, its now been downgraded to the next rich man's version of jj barea.
          yea the knicks had the easiest schedule in the nba up to the all star game, now they have the toughest schedule in the nba

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
            but trade melo, right?
            nah,

trade amare, he's a grossly overrated player hemorrhaging salary.

Steve Nash made him better than he really is. Just ask leandro barbosa, shaw marion, and boris diaw. Look at how their game and stats suffer without nash.

Trade amare, some other young player, cash, for dhoward. Hell, if the knicks were really ballsy, trade lin now. his stock will only drop as time goes on.

Comment

That wasn't Lin's doing, plus they are facing tougher competition right now. Hes still young and he will improve.

Comment

nah,

trade amare, he's a grossly overrated player hemorrhaging salary.

Steve Nash made him better than he really is. Just ask leandro barbosa, shaw marion, and boris diaw. Look at how their game and stats suffer without nash.

Trade amare, some other young player, cash, for dhoward. Hell, if the knicks were really ballsy, trade lin now. his stock will only drop as time goes on.
                That's what I would do also trade Lin while his value is high before he gets really exposed. Probably along with some other pieces for D12.

Comment

Sounds like you were just having too much of the coolaide.

It was fun while it lasted but the Nash comparisons were entirely outlandish. The guy is obviously pretty good but it takes time for players to develop. Just because there was a media frenzy around him doesn't mean that you should forget that he's still green and has shown flaws/areas with much improvement needed from day 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                    That's what I would do also trade Lin while his value is high before he gets really exposed. Probably along with some other pieces for D12.
                    He's not affecting their cap, I'd say hold on to him. Give him time to develop a bit.

It may be taking a chance would that they can get some value out of him, but just selling him off because he aquired a bit of fame seems potentially foolish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                      Sounds like you were just having too much of the coolaide.

It was fun while it lasted but the Nash comparisons were entirely outlandish. The guy is obviously pretty good but it takes time for players to develop. Just because there was a media frenzy around him doesn't mean that you should forget that he's still green and has shown flaws/areas with much improvement needed from day 1.
                      how could you not? it wasnt as if he was jacking up lucky 3s and getting lucky assists to get those numbers. Everybody saw the talent to get those points and assists. Yet all of a sudden a huge drop off where he has completely lost all confidence and even skill.

then again, he might be hitting the infamous rookie wall. He only played like less than 50 total minutes last year. add his heavy workload and condensed schedule, he might be in the beginning process of hitting the rookie wall.

i agree, still too early to give up on him.

Comment

Working...
                      X