Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's lack of improvement in 4 Marquez fights: Proof that Roach is Limited?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Kellerman said it best "matchmaking"
    You think he's improved but truth is his other opponents weren't as good as JMM
    Last edited by [T][B][E]; 04-22-2014, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by APPONO ASTOS
      first fight i had marquez winning more rounds 7-5, but because of the 3 KDs in the first round i had pac winning by 1 point

second fight was closer...i had the rounds even 6-6, but pac won it by 1 point because of the KD in third round

third fight i scored it a draw.....
      I scored the first 3 fights the exact same way and viewed it in the same perspective.

2004 and 2008 PAC was more prime,...and coincidentally, the best case for PAC winning clearly in all their fights were the 1st 2 PAC-JMM fights.

I simply think by 2011 and after hard fights (though seemingly easy) with Clottey and Margarito,...PAC had slowed down enough for JMM to time him better. Though, I still believe the 3rd fight was a draw.

Comment

Nope.....

No. This thread is stupid and disrespectful to Manny after what he's done for the sport and fans. You'd have to be an idiot if you are suggesting that the only 8 time division champ in history, is one dimensional. Based on what? Did you not watch and learn anything from the Bradley rematch??? He is a complete fighter. PERIOD. Stop trying to undermine his ability in the ring. Manny won 3 out of 4 fights because he simply out throws and outlands Roidquez every time. He's won over 80% of the rounds in his entire career. You do not outpoint him. Roidquez is a great counter puncher and very smart in the ring. He lands good single shots in a similar way that Floyd does, BUT at the end of the day, an active fighter who fights for 3 minutes of every round, can outpoint a counter puncher and that's what Manny did/does. In the 4th fight, Roidquez brought a little something extra to do the dance. We all know what that was. If they fight again, Manny will retire him and whoop his ass and Roidquez won't touch him. He is going to give him a boxing lesson but finish him this time. Roidquez was too old then, and he's too old now. Without the roids, Manny was going to KO him. You see he doesn't want a 5th fight, saying stuff like "he wants to keep this feeling". What feeling? LoL. Cheater!!!!!!!! If Manny ever fights Floyd, he will be the best and most atheletic fighter he's ever fought. HE can outpoint Floyd right now at age 35, and Floyd knows it and doesn't want the fight. Show some respect. This man just took out a top 5 pound4pound fighter in his prime, and the only question you pose is this? You're a HATER.

Comment

I voted no, I just think marquez style will always give pacquiao problems.

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
            You are a shameless pile of ****. I'd beat you to death given the chance
            What the hell?

Comment

Originally posted by [T][B][E] View Post
              Max Kellerman said it best "matchmaking"
              You think he's improved but truth is his other opponents weren't as good as JMM
              Yes. Cotto and Bradley for instance.

How about Marquez is so obsessed with Pac and trains almost his entire career to beat him?

Comment

So Juan isn't allowed to improve too right?

Comment

Whats all this fixation on JMM and Pac? Pac has won titles in 8 divisions so Roach must have done something right. But if Pac improved JMM improved also. Whilst Pac had to concentrate on fighting people other than JMM, JMM has based his whole career on how well he did against Pac.

Is it any wonder JMM struggled with other opponents when they weren't Pac, how bad he did against Floyd or Katsidis? Because JMM had tunnel vision to how to fight Pac, he probably fought Pac when he was asleep and dreamed of fighting Pac.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 04-22-2014, 10:44 AM.

Comment

For me No, Pacquiao is doing good in that fight before that KO punch landed, He really got too aggressive and careless and never saw that punch coming

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Whats all this fixation on JMM and Pac? Pac has won titles in 8 divisions so Roach must have done something right. But if Pac improved JMM improved also. Whilst Pac had to concentrate on fighting people other than JMM, JMM has based his whole career on how well he did against Pac.

Is it any wonder JMM struggled with other opponents when they weren't Pac, how bad he did against Floyd or Katsidis? Because JMM had tunnel vision to how to fight Pac, he probably fought Pac when he was asleep and dreamed of fighting Pac.
                      Can you blame JMM for that though? Because Pacquiao became a superstar partly due to his fights with JMM and if he'd been given official losses in some, or all, of those fights it's very possible that JMM might have been the megastar instead of Pac. JMM knew that the official verdicts of those Pac fights basically changed the entire course of his career for many years..

Comment

Working...
                      X