No announcement yet.

Andre Berto Can Rule @ 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
    Guys like Quintana have succeeded at 154 being short....
    succeeded at what? i dont think he even succeeded in getting a top 10 ranking there

Comment

Originally posted by slickest G View Post
      berto is better then him just my 2 cent

also berto wasn't afraid of guerrero like broner
      Was that a joke?

Adrien Broner is one of the current greatest fighters in the world.

Andre Berto is at this point a gatekeeper at best.

Comment

Originally posted by slickest G View Post
        berto is better then him just my 2 cent

also berto wasn't afraid of guerrero like broner
        broner win or lose would be a bad fight gfor robert if robert wins there going to say broner came up 2 weight divisions an if he wins there going to say robert was done an he was better at lower weights i think broner beats him robert couldnt ko a berto with 2 eyes closed lol

Comment

Unfortunately with Berto he's always going to be in wars at the top level, I don't think he'll dominate any one. He can give any top fighter from 140-154 a close war, but be down on points down the stretch because of knock downs he suffered or he let to many of the first rounds go. He seems to finally wake up around the 4th round+, and even then he just starts fighting neck and neck. He did this with Collazo, Ortiz and Guerrero, he had more success with Collazo but still that was a close fight.

He's been one of my favorite fighters ever since I saw him fight in 2007 and he still is.

Comment

Berto's footwork is just terrible. I get the feeling if he fought a guy with alot of lateral movement he would be falling over his own feet. He doesnt fight in a style or stance that suits him, instead he tries to copy mayweather, who even at 36 has twice the reflexes of berto. To top it off he has the most dysfunctional corner in the game. He needs an entire cleanout, and someone sensible to tell him all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
              Was that a joke?

Adrien Broner is one of the current greatest fighters in the world.

Andre Berto is at this point a gatekeeper at best.
              These are the type of posts that make people praise undefeated records. A guy has 2 losses in 30 fights and he's called a gatekeeper. The losses were not even blow outs or TKO's or him quitting, but he's a gatekeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                succeeded at what? i dont think he even succeeded in getting a top 10 ranking there
                I'm just speaking in terms of height....

He wasn't a world beater, but he's succeeded....

His height wasn't a real big factor....

Even though he was short...

He beat a tall Williams a 147....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    if you got nothing to add GTFO..........

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      These are the type of posts that make people praise undefeated records. A guy has 2 losses in 30 fights and he's called a gatekeeper. The losses were not even blow outs or TKO's or him quitting, but he's a gatekeeper.
                      It is not just because of the two losses. It''s because there are better fighters than Ortiz and Guerrero. Adrien Broner is one of them.

Quite frankly I did not see that Berto learned from the Ortiz loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X