Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Cotto has a better resume than Trinidad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    i just checked the odds and cotto was -260 or 2 and a half to one favorite.
    Where you check the odds? It be fun to go back in time and see the odds of past fights. Any site that has them?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
      Remember Cotto was underdog against Quintana, and now he's underdog against the former Featherweight Manny Pacquiao. While Trinidad was favorite against a top MW Bernard Hopkins.

So think about it, going in fights, how many people gave Tito's opponents a chance to win since he was mostly favored? how you say he fought tougher opposition when Cotto is still being looked down on and coming in as underdog? Doesn't that mean that Cotto is facing more threats?

I know my wording is a bit off but i hope someone understands what i'm trying to ask.
      Cotto has neven been the underdog buddy!!!!!!

Comment

Remember Cotto was underdog against Quintana, and now he's underdog against the former Featherweight Manny Pacquiao. While Trinidad was favorite against a top MW Bernard Hopkins.

So think about it, going in fights, how many people gave Tito's opponents a chance to win since he was mostly favored? how you say he fought tougher opposition when Cotto is still being looked down on and coming in as underdog? Doesn't that mean that Cotto is facing more threats?

I know my wording is a bit off but i hope someone understands what i'm trying to ask.
        No, he wasn't.

In fact, your whole statement could be used as an argument for those who say that Tito had the better resume. What does it say when a true WW is a favorite vs. a MW, instead of a FW being the favorite against a WW? Point is, Tito was the favorite against the guy with the record for most consecutive MW defenses, and Cotto is the underdog a guy with only 1 fight at WW. I believe that says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
          No, he wasn't.

In fact, your whole statement could be used as an argument for those who say that Tito had the better resume. What does it say when a true WW is a favorite vs. a MW, instead of a FW being the favorite against a WW? Point is, Tito was the favorite against the guy with the record for most consecutive MW defenses, and Cotto is the underdog a guy with only 1 fight at WW. I believe that says it all.
          Hopkins was facing a guy with 1 MW fight and was the underdog
          Cotto is facing a guy with 1 WW fight and is the underdog

Tito got his ass beat and Pacquiao will also get his ass beat.

Odds are all a popularity contest.

Comment

Shane Mosley is a better win than any win of Trinidad. With that said i think Trinidad's resume is a little better because he has more big names in it and a victory in a classic fight against Vargas.

Comment

I noticed a poster with a sig of a quote of Burner saying Cotto has a better resume than Trinidad, as if to ridicule him.

Everyone knows i don't like Cotto as a boxer, And i was once a Trinidad fan. But I was thinking maybe Cotto does have a better resume? or maybe not?

Does he?

Tito Trinidad's Notable wins:

Blockerr(idk why but posters regard this as a notable win)
              Camacho
              Luis Campas ALSO UNBEATEN
              Oba Carr ALSO UNBEATEN
              Pernell Whitaker(Past Prime
              Oscar De La Hoya(Supposedly)ALSO UNBEATEN
              David Reid ALSO UNBEATEN
              Fernando Vargas ALSO UNBEATEN
              William Joppy
              Ricardo Mayorga
              + 3 GOLD MEDALIST's
              NOT TO MENTION THE MANNER IN WHICH TITO DISPOSED OF THOSE FIGHTERS AS OPPOSE TO DECISIONS
              Cotto's Notable wins:

Maussa(Undefeated)
              Victoriano Sosa(not a notable win for Floyd but you can give it to Cotto for obvious reasons)
              Lovemore N'Dou(undefeated)
              Demarcus Corley
              Ricardo Torres(undefeated)(real good win)
              Paul Malignaggi(undefeated)(another real good win)
              Carlos Quintana (Undefeated, Cotto was underdog in this fight so it was more than just a good win)
              Zab Judah
              Shane Mosley(Arguably a better name than any prime fighter on Tito's resume)
              Joshua Clottey

I guess it's arguable. I know the oldies will shut down Cotto and say Tito by a mile, but you have to think with a resume like this at 28 years old and we still don't know if Cotto will beat Pacquiao and then fight Mayweather.

With all favoring the oldies aside(Cause it's a trend in Boxingscene that the fighters from back in the days are better than the one's from now no matter what[for some reason]) I think that Cotto's resume is better than Trinidad's resume as it stands right now. BUT, don't get me wrong, WW Trinidad would crush Cotto.

I know i'm gonna have some of the oldies on my ass for this but It's either even now or Cotto edges Trinidad just a bit.
              Blockerr(idk why but posters regard this as a notable win)ITS definitley a notable win, Brown and Blocker were kicking ass in the early 90's
              Camacho
              Luis Campas ALSO UNBEATEN
              Oba Carr ALSO UNBEATEN
              Pernell Whitaker(Past Prime
              Oscar De La Hoya(Supposedly)ALSO UNBEATEN
              David Reid ALSO UNBEATEN
              Fernando Vargas ALSO UNBEATEN
              William Joppy
              Ricardo Mayorga
              + 3 GOLD MEDALIST's
              NOT TO MENTION THE MANNER IN WHICH TITO DISPOSED OF THOSE FIGHTERS AS OPPOSE TO DECISIONS

Comment

Well ATM.

As a Cotto fan and Tito fan i'd give the resume to Tito for now.

Tito did fight really good fighters and contenders in his era.

And yes, his 147, 154, even 160 resume is impressive, very impressive.

Thing with Cotto is, he was being developed at 140 and fought good fighters towards his end there but obviously Cotto has done business at 147 and will continue to. I don't think just cause Tito moved up in weight that he should be ahead of Cotto by so much. End of the day resume comes to who you fought not if you fought them at a certain weight. That's why theres weight classes.

Comment

Working...
                X