Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then the winner could get a crack at berto

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
      if Baldomir could make the 147 and fight Callazo I will choose him over Callazo.

much more experienced fighter.

another remaking of the Cinderella man
      With all do respect, Collazo takes the ponderous Baldomir to school.

Comment

Originally posted by niceguy45 View Post
        then the winner could get a crack at berto
        winner of Vanes vs. Baldomir??

you think Berto will come up to 154 soon?

Comment

Collazo would win by eight million miles.

Comment

this is the article: its from a south african newspaper so don't know how accurate it is.

Hlatshwayo’s quest is fulfilled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008/07/26

ISAAC Hlatshwayo’s quest to challenge for the WBC welterweight boxing title took a pleasant turn when the WBC reinstated him to contest the elimination bout against Belgian Jackson Osei Bonsu in Belgium on November 11.

This after the WBC had originally downgraded the bout from its title eliminator status and instead appointed former WBA champion Luis Collazo and Argentinean Carlos Baldomir to battle for the honours.

The decision to downgrade the bout was taken after Collazo filed an urgent appeal to the WBC for being sidelined for the title eliminator when he is rated as the top contender in the division.

Collazo is rated first while Baldomir, who is the former WBC champion in the division, is listed third.

Bonsu, of Ghanaian origin, occupies the second spot with Hlatshwayo rated fourth.

Faced with possible complaints from the camps of the four fighters, the WBC agreed to sanction both bouts as eliminators.

However, Collazo and Baldomir clash has been given a final eliminator status meaning the winner will get an immediate challenge against reigning WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto.

Hlatshwayo and Bonsu will also clash for the eliminator with the winner possible getting a challenge some other time.

Hlatshwayo’s promoter Rodney Berman who has been working feverishly to get the bout approved as an eliminator breathed a sigh of relief after the news.

“The fight between Hlatshwayo and Bonsu will still be an eliminator because that is the WBC rules which I am not well-versed with,” he said. - By MESULI ZIFO

Comment

Originally posted by VanesBoxing View Post
              winner of Vanes vs. Baldomir??

you think Berto will come up to 154 soon?
              he is coming in kinda chunky already, he would wanna dominate JMW rather than the WW, running away from margarito

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                With all do respect, Collazo takes the ponderous Baldomir to school.
                yes but my heart say Baldomir to my mind to Collazo

Comment

2 WBC eliminators? that sounds a bit excessive

Why not make a mini tourney outta it and have the Collazo-Baldomir winner fight the Jackson Osei Bonsu-Hlatswayo winner

*The IBF did a similar thing when deciding it's mandatory challenger for Wladimir Klitschko

o well too late now.

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
                    yes but my heart say Baldomir to my mind to Collazo
                    Lol, fair enough my man!

Comment

Working...
                    X