Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does fighter's fight day looks like?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does fighter's fight day looks like?

I'm not talking about what they do in their free time (listening to music, relaxing, spending time with their families etc.)

Do they do any form of training on that day? If they do, what's their usual routine?

What about their diet? I imagine they eat meals rich in carbs, especially if they had been dehydrating for the weigh in. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm looking for serious answers, not trolling. Any examples or stories about how past greats did it will be much appreciated

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    I'm not talking about what they do in their free time (listening to music, relaxing, spending time with their families etc.)

Do they do any form of training on that day? If they do, what's their usual routine?

What about their diet? I imagine they eat meals rich in carbs, especially if they had been dehydrating for the weigh in. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm looking for serious answers, not trolling. Any examples or stories about how past greats did it will be much appreciated
    During my amateur days weigh in eat than relax like a lion than at Fight time pump your self up warm up enter ring psyche yourself that your going to beat this guy, You have butter flies and as the first punch is thrown they're gone

Comment

Eat and relax...thats about it

Comment

no fighter trains on fight day are you crazy. they pretty much eat normal and relax. sleep and watch TV all day long

Comment

Lots of nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
            I remember Chris Algieri doing sprints on the icy road in front of his house morning before his fight with Taylor, on ESPN. Weird, but I guess he had some idea behind it.
            exception doesn't make the rule. he's a weird outlier. no one else does that

Comment

Working...
            X