Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreman's prediction for Tyson-Holyfield back in '91..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreman's prediction for Tyson-Holyfield back in '91..

I recall reading Foreman's prediction for the fight in either KO or Ring magazine. I'm not sure which one. But, he did say Holyfield would win by late stoppage or decision. He also said that Tyson would get flash knocked down in either the 5th or 6th. He further stated that when they traded right hands Holyfield's would get there quicker which is exactly what happened in the 10th round of their 1st fight. While most of us know that wasn't 100% of Tyson in November '96 it's still a bit eerie.

That is an amazing prediction with out a doubt. I guess by that time he had been in the ring with evander and seen mike fight many times.

Comment

What a beast.

I wouldve loved to see old Foreman fight Tyson like he wanted during the time. Probably wouldve laid a beating on him (or atleast I'd hope so)!

Comment

There's a headline i've read that Foreman picks Holyfield to win by decision, yes I hate George by that because I was a Tyson fan then and didnt like Holyfield.

I still have a copy of a special Tyson-Holyfield 1991 issue, some of the quotes there:

Holmes and Ruddock picks Tyson to win by KO,
        Bowe said Tyson wins in 6, but if the rounds went longer, Holyfield outpoints him.
        Tommy Morrison wasnt sure and said Tyson fades after 4-5 rounds.
        Angelo Dundee says Tyson will win, while Alex Stewart's trainor picks Holyfield.

The funnier prediction was the computer, having Tyson winning by close, unanimous decision, with Holyfield scoring a flash knockdown in the opening round.

Comment

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
          There's a headline i've read that Foreman picks Holyfield to win by decision, yes I hate George by that because I was a Tyson fan then and didnt like Holyfield.

I still have a copy of a special Tyson-Holyfield 1991 issue, some of the quotes there:

Holmes and Ruddock picks Tyson to win by KO,
          Bowe said Tyson wins in 6, but if the rounds went longer, Holyfield outpoints him.
          Tommy Morrison wasnt sure and said Tyson fades after 4-5 rounds.
          Angelo Dundee says Tyson will win, while Alex Stewart's trainor picks Holyfield.

The funnier prediction was the computer, having Tyson winning by close, unanimous decision, with Holyfield scoring a flash knockdown in the opening round.
          That computer prediction may not be that funny. Tyson was a better oiled machine back in '91 and Holyfield wasn't the same fighter he was several years later. And Mike did lose his footing in the opening round of Tucker and Holyfield II so that flash knockdown may've been possible...

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
            While most of us know that wasn't 100% of Tyson in November '96 it's still a bit eerie.
            As if the '96 Holyfield was near 100%....coming off a horrendous fight with Czyz and a KO loss to Bowe.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
              As if the '96 Holyfield was near 100%....coming off a horrendous fight with Czyz and a KO loss to Bowe.
              the copious amounts of steroids and HGH helped Evan Fields a lot

Along with the serial headbutting

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                the copious amounts of steroids and HGH helped Evan Fields a lot

Along with the serial headbutting
                What helped more was Tyson's frontrunning ways. Mike fought dirty throughout his career but whined to the ref and didn't wanna fight when **** got rough.

Holyfield owned Mike Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                  What helped more was Tyson's frontrunning ways. Mike fought dirty throughout his career but whined to the ref and didn't wanna fight when **** got rough.

Holyfield owned Mike Tyson.
                  We all know Mike was no angel in the ring throughout his career but he never overdid it. And I'm sure he wasn't whining to the ref. He was most likely warning him. Like if he gets drastic, I will too! Look at what Holy did to Hasim Rahman with those headbutts. I suppose he owned him, as well??

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
                    We all know Mike was no angel in the ring throughout his career but he never overdid it. And I'm sure he wasn't whining to the ref. He was most likely warning him. Like if he gets drastic, I will too! Look at what Holy did to Hasim Rahman with those headbutts. I suppose he owned him, as well??
                    Tyson never overdid it? You mean the UFC armbar he put on Botha wasn't over the top? I won't even start with the most famous foul in boxing history he committed against Holyfield. Geez, Tyson apologists really do just see what they want to.

Comment

Working...
                    X