No announcement yet.

Clarification on Manny's Most Recent Statements About Potential Floyd Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification on Manny's Most Recent Statements About Potential Floyd Fight

In the last interview I saw with Manny he said testing is no longer an issue but guaranteed purse was. Pac fans say this means manny will accept full random blood and urine testing. Bob confirmed this in an interview with ESPN. While I don't agree that the statement means what Pac fans say it does, for the sake of moving forward lets say it does. Please clarify what "the only issue is guaranteed purse" means? Is this another "roadblock"?

Floyd is fighting Ortiz this weekend.He's in there against a tough tough young, strong, prime welterweight champion. It's not a foregone conclusion that he wins this coming off of a year & a half layoff against the most most enegetic, big strong opponent he's face in years. I'd be worried more about saturday than Manny-Floyd in 2012.

We all know that Manny has no chance of losing to a 40 year old bloated fat lightweight so his fans have nothing to worry about there. But Floyd has a full plate to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      In the last interview I saw with Manny he said testing is no longer an issue but guaranteed purse was. Pac fans say this means manny will accept full random blood and urine testing. Bob confirmed this in an interview with ESPN. While I don't agree that the statement means what Pac fans say it does, for the sake of moving forward lets say it does. Please clarify what "the only issue is guaranteed purse" means? Is this another "roadblock"?

He could be referring to the 100 million dollar request from mayweather.

He could be wondering what mayweather is talking about in the article recently posted here about pac needing to fix his finances before a fight is made.

Or he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

Comment

I believe that guaranteed purse has always been a roadblock, they just never got there due to the testing requirements.
        They agreed on the split, 50/50, of how much exactly? Not sure yet.
        100 million was the last figure that got thrown around.

Comment

Manny is saying that he'll demand more money. If you were really following the recent development concerning Manny, Arum and the auditing firms, so yes, this could possible me another roadblock. There's also the delusion where team Pac feels he's the bigger star so he deserved more.

However, what i think Team Pac is pushing for is where Pac outsells Floyd with a common opponent, and i strongly believe they feel they've gotten this with Marquez, and if it turns out to be the case, they will push for more money. Believe this, these guys (team Pac) don't really want the fight and will do anything to make it difficult to make as they feel they have the better PR machine and Pac will come out looking the better man without having to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyman View Post
            He could be referring to the 100 million dollar request from mayweather.

He could be wondering what mayweather is talking about in the article recently posted here about pac needing to fix his finances before a fight is made.

Or he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.
            When did Floyd make this request?

Comment

*****s are reaching. if there will be an issue in purse sharing, that would be on floyd's part not pac's. pac will not ask for anything more than 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                *****s are reaching. if there will be an issue in purse sharing, that would be on floyd's part not pac's. pac will not ask for anything more than 50%.
                Brick:

Did you see the interview on ESPN? Manny said this not floyd. How do you blame floyd for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Floyd is fighting Ortiz this weekend.He's in there against a tough tough young, strong, prime welterweight champion. It's not a foregone conclusion that he wins this coming off of a year & a half layoff against the most most enegetic, big strong opponent he's face in years. I'd be worried more about saturday than Manny-Floyd in 2012.

We all know that Manny has no chance of losing to a 40 year old bloated fat lightweight so his fans have nothing to worry about there. But Floyd has a full plate to deal with.
                  A full plate? tough tough? The same guy who quit against Maidana, drew with Peterson, and beat an overrated Berto is tough tough? get da **** out of hurrrr.
                  Ortiz is no harder for Floyd then Marquez is for Pacquiao. Pac and May should be fighting each other.

Comment

LOL *****s working OT today.. i'll wait for when a video or article is posted up with manny saying i wont agree to a 50/50 split.. until then have your fun *****s i know u guys need this today. with that article about floyd being posted today i know u guys are trying to find something to point the finger at manny LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                    X