No announcement yet.

golovkin vs. hagler ...who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dray435 View Post
    Hagler would not only ko him but he would bust him up something terrible and then knock him out Marvin Hagler was the greatest MW in the history of the sport forget all the BS. Golovkin is a hype job and merely the second coming of Kelly Pavlik and Edison Miranda they were comparing Kelly Pavlik and Edison Miranda to Marvin Hagler until they were exposed absurd and blasphemous comparisons I might add.

Hagler was a complete fighting machine he could box superbly, counter punch exceptionally well, had great foot movement had one of the best jabs in the history of the sport, had arguably the best chin in the history of the sport, and could ko you with either hand,etc, all Golovkin brings to the table is a decent punch he is not exceptional in any other dept he does not have an offense or defense that stands out so what is all the hype about? Ouma a junior MW gave him all he could handle for 7-8 rds Rosado was in the fight fully and was slipping virtually everything Golovkin was throwing as well as touching Golovkin and hurting him, and neither of them are John Mugabi, Hagler could beat him in so many ways behind the jab, wait till he attacks and then counters him, attacks and breaks him down because Hagler had much bigger arsenal, and much higher skill level, a larger punch selection, and punched harder than Golovkin.

Golovkin beats his opponents by an accumulation of punches, not by one punch kos. He shouldn't even be spoken of in the same sentence as Hagler, Marvin would have punished and and knocked him out in spectacular fashion. I think a prime Pavlik would have beaten Golovkin Hagler would have killed him even at his best, when he had matured a prime Hagler would still annihilate him. He will never come face to face with a fighter in this era that even remotely resembles Marvin Hagler, Hagler would take him places he had never been and would expose all his weaknesses as if he was shining a spotlight on them and embarrass him.

Hagler has faced some of the biggest punchers in boxing history and all of them were destroyed and none of them had the power to hurt Hagler, Golovkins power is average and isn't enough to even make Hagler blink and that is all he really brings to the table, Hagler is head and shoulders above him in terms of skill and toughness, Hagler would have walked right through him and destroyed him, Mustafa Hamsho was too tough for Golovkin and would have beaten him even a prime Mugabi would have beaten Golovkin, even Roldan and Fully Obel would have beaten Golovkin I am convinced of it, Hagler embarrasses him and sends him out on stretcher in 5-6 rds knocking him out in spectacular fashion.
    Went out of your way to find this thread and type all of that? Get a ****ing life man. Didn't read what you said anyway as I couldn't find myself to care. Marvin probably would win but damn, more ridiculous than the people who over-hype him.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
      Went out of your way to find this thread and type all of that? Get a ****ing life man. Didn't read what you said anyway as I couldn't find myself to care. Marvin probably would win but damn, more ridiculous than the people who over-hype him.
      You took time to quote and post a response to it and believe that I'm hyping Marvin but you didn't read it, how stupid is that? The only hype job is Golovkin, Marvin Hagler was the truth aint no hype about him, that media star Golovkin is the only hype job, aint no probably would win to it a prime Hagler would have ran him out of the ring plain an simple.
      Last edited by dray435; 10-31-2013, 04:55 AM.

Comment

ggg. beating the likes of ishida, rosado and macklin puts you right up there with the best MW ever. scratch that, it puts you ahead of the (now formerly) best MW ever. what did hagler ever do that compares to the vast achievements of golovkin since entering the pro ranks?

golovkin not only fights in a better era for his division but he fought all the best guys in that division, establishing that he is not only the best MW presently but in the history of boxing in the process. i mean come on, macklin, rosado AND ishida. thats the stuff of legends right there, marvin who?

golovkin knocks that bum out cold with a jab to the forearm in the first round.
        Last edited by #1Assassin; 10-31-2013, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Golovkin bodies Hagler. There is but only one GGGod.

Comment

I am aboard the GGG train, but this comparison is silly until GGG see's better competition.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              ggg. beating the likes of ishida, rosado and macklin puts you right up there with the best MW ever. scratch that, it puts you ahead of the (now formerly) best MW ever. what did hagler ever do that compares to the vast achievements of golovkin since entering the pro ranks?

golovkin not only fights in a better era for his division but he fought all the best guys in that division, establishing that he is not only the best MW presently but in the history of boxing in the process. i mean come on, macklin, rosado AND ishida. thats the stuff of legends right there, marvin who?

You sound like a complete and total idiot who is clueless about boxing calling an all time great like hagler a bum a fighter who held the the MW championship for seven years and beat tough dangerous contenders in dominating fashion, a fighter who didnt get his first title shot until his 49th fight but still went on to be considerd in the eyes of many as the greatest MW to lace up the gloves, and comparing this weak deplorable MW era and it's fighters with the era that hagler reigned in, proves how stupid and clueless you are. Virtually every fighter that hagler defeated would be long reigning world champs in this weak MW era, roldan, mugabi, fully obel, hamsho, etc because hagler made it look easy doesn't mean they were easy fighters to beat they were facing marvin hagler that was the problem. Who the heck is macklin, rosado and ishida compared to haglers comppetition? the stuff of legends are you really serious!? or are you smoking cannabis wax laced with molly and pcp? All of the fighters i mentioned would beat the crap out of golovkin and rape macklin an ishida, I like rosado because he comes to fight but he would still get beat, and hagler would have chewed the hype job up and spit him out like a wad of snuff, get real clueless, uneducated, misinformed, golovkin groupie, you sound like the complete boxing novice and boxing virgin that you are making that stupid absurd statement, knockout hagler with a punch to the forearm? yea right that sounds completely stupid like something only a cluess russian golovkin comrade, a scrotum hugging ggg groupie would say. A prime Marvin Hagler obliterates golovkin in 4-6 rds without question.
              Last edited by dray435; 10-31-2013, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                Golovkin bodies Hagler. There is but only one GGGod.
                what happened to the 2 of you? did thuggery make you post this in order to join their new group? did you take a ride on the "freedom" train?

Niether one of you ever appeared to be this stupid. #1assassin might be joking.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-31-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

^^^^ lol from the first sentence on

that is exactly how his groupies sound on here

Comment

Originally posted by dray435 View Post
                    You sound like a complete and total idiot who is clueless about boxing calling an all time great like hagler a bum a fighter who held the the MW championship for seven years and beat tough dangerous contenders in dominating fashion, a fighter who didnt get his first title shot until his 49th fight but still went on to be considerd in the eyes of many as the greatest MW to lace up the gloves, and comparing this weak deplorable MW era and it's fighters with the era that hagler reigned in, proves how stupid and clueless you are. Virtually every fighter that hagler defeated would be long reigning world champs in this weak MW era, roldan, mugabi, fully obel, hamsho, etc because hagler made it look easy doesn't mean they were easy fighters to beat they were facing marvin hagler that was the problem. Who the heck is macklin, rosado and ishida compared to haglers comppetition? the stuff of legends are you really serious!? or are you smoking cannabis wax laced with molly and pcp? All of the fighters i mentioned would beat the crap out of golovkin and rape macklin an ishida, I like rosado because he comes to fight but he would still get beat, and hagler would have chewed the hype job up and spit him out like a wad of snuff, get real clueless, uneducated, misinformed, golovkin groupie, you sound like the complete boxing novice and boxing virgin that you are making that stupid absurd statement, knockout hagler with a punch to the shoulder? yea right that sounds like something only a cluess russian golovkin comrade, a scrotum hugging ggg groupie would say. A prime Marvin Hagler obliterates golovkin in 4-6 rds without question.
                    cough...i think he was being sarcastic...cough

Comment

FFS. Sarcasm, guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X