Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the beef with Amir Khan and Carl Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    Khan talked **** about Calzaghe? Really?

Whenever i've seen Khan talk about Calzaghe he comes across as a HUGE fan of Calzaghe.

Also Khan has said something bad about every Froch fight since?

Now your just coming out with blatant lies.

Stop lying to justify Froch comments and make Khan out to be the bad guy in this. Whilst Khan ain't no angel, in this beef Froch is the one in the wrong, quite clearly.
    Yes Khan did it was just after Calzaghe was taped talking about Cocaine and said Khan would get KO'd again by anyone that can punch.

Khan laughed when Kessler beat Froch and told him to retire, said Froch was given an hometown decision against Dirrell and even blamed Froch for his brother not making the amateur boxing team. LOL

Comment

He did get a hometown decision vs direll

Comment

Froch has always been bitter towards amir. He likes to say it's not Khan's fault and then took shots at him twice after the prescott and Kotelnik fights. Khan didn't fire back until after the kotelnik fight when froch lost a few months later. He gave him his own medicine. And now Froch goes and does it again after they were both just supporting each other

He also has thrown lil digs at Haye after the Klits saying how he fought tentative and if that was him size wouldn't matter he'd go out on his shield (which he would) and then would never have shown his toe. Why not just support your so called mate?

I don't even have to mention how he rubbed calzaghe up the wrong way.

Look Khan was the sole rep for Britain in the 2004 Olympics at the age of just 17 and brought back a silver, of course he was gonna get the attention. Why didn't froch do something at the Olympics had he gone and performed on that stage he would have had a platform to build from. Khan was world champ at 22 went over to the states at 23, I can't remember another UK fighter doing that. He's like 9 years younger then Froch so let's compare there resumes when they both retire.

Comment

Froch is the better fighter, Khan is more popular and Froch is a hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
            He also has thrown lil digs at Haye after the Klits saying how he fought tentative and if that was him size wouldn't matter he'd go out on his shield (which he would) and then would never have shown his toe. Why not just support your so called mate?
            That's called keeping it real.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
              I see a video years ago in which Pro Fighters was commenting on Khan...Froch did not have kind words about Khan, questioned his toughness and his chin or something like that, not sure if that video is still up on youtube, I tried to find it but couldn't but it was a video in which Mayweather, Froch and others was commenting on Khan and his Potential I guess

Maybe that is what sparked it...I DON'T KNOW!

But I also think Froch may have felt the same way as other fans felt..."WHY IS THIS GUY GETTING SO MUCH HYPE AND HE HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING IN BOXING"

Comment

This beef was years ago - but to be fair to Frock he was right and that Khan's chin would fail him as soon as he got hit on it.

Froch loses and fight's 168lb #1 or #2 in Lucian Bute and smashes him to pieces.

Khan loses and fights a tiny little lightweight.

Not hating, just displaying the cold hard facts.

And it was Khan that started it. Bragging how he could sell more tickets in Nottingham than Froch can from what i can remember on this very video section.

Comment

Froch's mistake was that he didn't fight on sky sports early in his career though he did fight on itv a lot of the time which is more exposure than sky sports all his super 6 fights were on a tv channel that had barely any viewers which was bad because they were some of his most significant

Comment

Amir Khan is this generation's Rick Wilterison.

Comment

Lol, this thread suggest's Froch is a jealous noob, I think he's probably said a few things (along time ago) which were probably taken out of context, we all know boxers have little digs here and there at opponents and other boxers, its part of the game.

I think someone actually said Froch was boring to watch....wtf! Is it possible someone can think that of Froch?

Comment

Working...
                      X