No announcement yet.

Prime Pernell Whitaker vs prime Floyd Mayweather Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
    That was near the end of Pernell's career. Zab also did well versus Pernell in sparring around the same time. I think it would have been an ugly fight depending on how Floyd fought Pernell. Floyd deals with lefties differently post retirement than he did pre retirement. He understands the angles better now so he doesn't get tagged with the left as much imo. He used to just go high guard, and more offense before.
    I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Floyd handles lefties a lot better now. He even found a way to shoulder roll a southpaw when people thought that wasn't possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
      I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Floyd handles lefties a lot better now. He even found a way to shoulder roll a southpaw when people thought that wasn't possible.
      What southpaw ? Ortiz? Guerrero? Who are both right hand dominant ! Lol

Why do you think Cotto beat up Floyd? He's left hand dominant. Look at my avi

Comment

I'd have to say it depends at what weight. LW, Im saying Sweet Pea all day. I don't think Floyd would be able to stay in the pocket with Whitaker, trying to anticipate Sweet Pea. Floyd would be eating jabs all night. One things for sure, that fight would set a world record for feints. I have a feeling someone is going to say Whitaker would Spadafora Floyd at this weight.

At WW, I'd have to go with Floyd. I think he'd be able to muscle Whitaker and push him around all over the place with elbows and stiff arms. Still would be a great fight though.

Comment

Pernell wins. Solidly. It would be closer if Whitaker wasn't left handed.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMay11 View Post
            What southpaw ? Ortiz? Guerrero? Who are both right hand dominant ! Lol

Why do you think Cotto beat up Floyd? He's left hand dominant. Look at my avi

Since when is Guerrero right hand dominant? Besides, Floyd was beating Cotto until he got lazy in the middle rounds. Rounds 1 thorugh 5 of the Cotto fight were all Floyd.

Comment

With a gun to my head I would have to go with Pernell.

To me it could have gone either way as both guys are defensive minded.

One thing I will say without hesitation is that Floyd has twice the power Pernell had and that could have been the difference.

Comment

Working...
              X