Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do pac's opponent get credit for blockin/evading his punches??!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primera View Post
    You'd think a Pacquiao punch would be one of the easiest punches to dodge. He just throws a ton of them.
    yup , thats why marquez kissed the canvass 4 times in 3 fights..

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I'm not gonna argue by how much Floyd & Pacman won by. I do believe they both won close competitive fights. I just see Floyd fans & Pacman fans doing identical things. Both fanbases act like their man dominated the fights, which in my opinion they did not.
      I disagree with you as well, it's not the same thing. The commentating for the May-Cotto fight was nowhere near as biased as it was for Bradley-Pacquiao. The May-Cotto fight was clearly not as close as well.

Comment

Last edited by tomhawq; 06-23-2012, 04:46 PM.

Comment

bear in mind also that this is the same pacman whom idiots say is one-dimensional, amateurish, come-forward, overrated boxer; he fought nothing but weight-drained, old, out of their prime fighters; jmm schooled him; floyd da best would stop him in the 8th round, you name it.

come fight night the same idiots expect him to fight in a superman-like manner and massacre his opponent. at the same time they expect nothing from the challenger. as long as he survives pac, it's okay. in this case, they didn't even have to focus on the young, undefeated bradley who is supposed to be one expected to shine and illuminate some signs that the future of boxing is bright.

Last edited by tomhawq; 06-23-2012, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
            yup , thats why marquez kissed the canvass 4 times in 3 fights..
            Yeah back when Pac was on PEDs though.

How about now? Oh yeah Pac lost to Marquez and Bradley. Marquez took his child back to boxing school on Nov 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
              bear in mind also that this is the same pacman whom idiots say is one-dimensional, amateurish, come-forward, overrated boxer; he fought nothing but weight-drained, old, out of their prime fighters; jmm schooled him; floyd da best would stop him in the 8th round, you name it.

come fight night the same idiots expect him to fight in a superman-like manner and massacre his opponent. at the same time they expect nothing from the challenger. as long as he survives pac, it's okay. in this case, they didn't even have to focus on the young, undefeated bradley who is supposed to be one expected to shine and illuminate some signs that the future of boxing is bright.

I hear you! Any kind of objectivity at this point has been thrown out the window when it comes to judging Mayweather and Pacquiao fights. They both have been dominant against pretty damn good opposition. I think people are just looking for flaws in their game. I have to say a lot of the criticism should be projected towards the two fighters themselves for not fighting each other. They are both obviously the two best in or around their division and have not chosen to step in their against each other. Just a bunch of **** talkin bull**** from each camp for the past 3 years, makes me sick as a fan. Mainly because the sport has been held hostage for so long, because these brats can't hash out their differences at the negotiating table. So now we're left with threads on sites like this where fans of each of the fighter's tear down the performances of the two, when any objective person who watches the sport can see that that Mayweather and Pac have been nothing but dominant to very good in their past fights.

Now I am almost positive I will receive a collection of responses from Floyd fans saying something like " hey dog did you see what Marquez did in that last fight with Pacquiao, he was robbed. Subsequetly I am sure to see Pac fans conjure up a return response of... " bro Cotto pushed Floyd' s ass to the limit, Floyd is definitely slowing down dog."

I say shut up with all this nonsensical BS. God forbid Pac should have a close contested fight with a modern legend in Marquez. In fact every one that tries to put down Pacquiao for his performance against Marquez is indirectly being critical of Marquez. Same with Cotto. Cotto has been a beast for years in this game, someone who has exhibited a honor and toughness against some very good opposition over the years, I think he deserves major props for his effort against Floyd.
              That being said it doesn't mean we have to **** on Floyd or Pac because they were in competitive fights against future Hall of Famers. I think we can all agree that its clear that they're both extremely good and their performances have proved that.
              Last edited by slick23; 06-23-2012, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
                did you just say you get 0 points for defense???really???
                If kindly read my statement, yes. It isn't a rag on boxing. It's just the way the scoring system works. If BOXER A evades BOXER B's punch, there's no points earned. That's what I meant.

I will repeat, boxing has become an offensive sport based on hitting (scoring).

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Speak for yourself. I don't hold Pacman's offense to any high standard. He looks fabulous if you stand in front of him & eat shots. Add movement & he suddenly becomes very ordinary.

Then his fans say that he got bored. Or gave away rounds, or people are running. When in fact they're moving & boxing in a sport called boxing,lol!!
                  Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  1) Ring Generalship
                  2) Clean Effective Punching
                  3) Effective Agression
                  4) Defense
                  This pretty much is the end of thread...

Comment

Working...
                  X