Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any MW/SMW/LHW is boxing history that beats a prime Roy Jones Junior?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    as I say, no one beats him as he was on drugs. Why are you guys failing to mention this?
    I thought Roy's failed drug test was from a GNC product... Let's not put him in the same boat as BALCO

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I don't see Harold Johnson beating Roy Jones.

Harold Johnson's an ATG, my third favourite fighter ever and greater than Roy IMO and certainly at LHW but H2H I don't see him winning. Johnson would cause him problems most definitely in a similar way to Montel Griffin with a solid jab, timing and countering but Roy speed advantage is going to be a problem and eventually I see Johnson getting stopped late.

Tunney and Spinks would be competitive but again I see the speed advantage being key same with Conn.
      you might be right about the speed of roy being too much,, but you totally read my thoughts about harold causing him problems like montel did in the first fight. That was my exact logic

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        you might be right about the speed of roy being too much,, but you totally read my thoughts about harold causing him problems like montel did in the first fight. That was my exact logic
        Johnson's far more skilled than Griffin but I'm he's not the athlete Griffin.

I'm not sure Johnson's chin would hold up against Roy because he's going to get hit and late in the fight he might catch him and hurt him.

If he made it to the cards it would be a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          I thought Roy's failed drug test was from a GNC product... Let's not put him in the same boat as BALCO
          +1 i agree

Comment

Thought for a while but a LH goat in Archie Moore I wouldn't doubt that he could lay the hand that could KO a prime Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
              Thought for a while but a LH goat in Archie Moore I wouldn't doubt that he could lay the hand that could KO a prime Roy.
              Honestly i think moore would get the james toney treatment from roy..

Moore was a great fighter, but he needed that aggressive type fighter to bring out the best in him, much like toney,,, put them in with jirov, barkley, marciano and you will see them at their best, but a mover like roy, with his speed to hit and not be there for the counter, roy would be a nightmare for moore IMO

Comment

Working...
              X