Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're old enough, you'll remember Ali wasn't "the greatest" til he stopped boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're old enough, you'll remember Ali wasn't "the greatest" til he stopped boxing

While he was still boxing, he was loved by many but HATED BY MANT MORE. At the time he was boxing, he was "always on his bicycle" and "ran"...when he stopped boxing, he had "incredible ring iq" and "superior boxing skills" And the same is for Floyd, no matter how hard you hate it is obvious that the standard for him is so high because even haters know he is great. When he retires...and a few years go past....he will be included in the the "greatest of all time" arguements with the Alis and the sugar Ray Robinsons

LMFAO if you're trying to compare Ali with Floyd. Just LMFAO.

Comment

This is true. Both my dad and grandad have told me this. My dad also said that Ali got the same amount of hate from the fans like Mayweather gets, and people would let their dislike of him influence them, therefore people would not give him his due credit.

My grandad also said that Floyd is probably the best boxer to ever lace em. And this is coming from a 85 year old who has witnessed some of the biggest fights in history and was also a boxer himself. Everyone in my family dislikes Mayweather cause of the way he acted in front of cameras in the past but all praise his skills.

He'll be appreciated when he's gone.
      Last edited by -Huey-; 05-30-2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

If you've been on NSB long enough, one glance at the thread title was enough to tell you what the first post was going to be about.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
          This is true. Both my dad and grandad have told me this. My dad also said that Ali got the same amount of hate from the fans like Mayweather gets, and people would let their dislike of him influence them, therefore people would not give him his due credit.

My grandad also said that Floyd is probably the best boxer to ever lace em. And this is coming from a 85 year old who has witnessed some of the biggest fights in history and was also a boxer himself. Everyone in my family dislikes Mayweather cause of the way he acted in front of cameras in the past but all praise his skills.

no offense, but if your grandfather thinks floyd is the GOAT then you should send him to the new england school of "knowing how to compare the resume of great boxers."

he'll show him the way.

Comment

there is a huge difference between a great boxer and the greatest boxer. most of you have been here long enough. you should know the difference between the two.

Comment

Ali has a claim to be the greatest as he was the fighter of the decade for the 60s. Therefore he could be included in the bunch for the fighter of the century. SRR, Ali, Roy, and PAC could all be included for fighter of the century as the were fighter of the decade.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post

Your dad and grandDa must not know $h!t about boxing . Tell your dad and grandad that Floyd is not even the greatest in a decade, the same decade he was competing in .

Comment

Working...
                X