No announcement yet.

Is Robert Guerrero a LEGIT Champioin??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    Good point there and I agree. Let's say if Floyd did get stripped, would it be fair to fight Berto for that belt in your eyes?
    Possibly because Berto beat Zaveck for a belt I believe in his last fight? Not sure but I think he did.

Zaveck was a Top 5 WW and although Berto won unconvincingly and controversially he still got the victory.

So I'd say he was still a Top WW going into the fight with Guererro and Guererro is #1 with the WBC so I suppose it could have been.

But the fact is, for one reason or another, he isn't a legit champ at 147.

However, he is probably the most legit fighter at 147 outside of Mayweather and Pacquaio IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      He didn't defend his title in over 12 months and still hasn't.

That's the argument for him being stripped of the title.

Anyone else, you better believe they'd have been stripped.
      not to mention he has one of those bogus "diamond" belts from the Cotto fight. Its obvious the WBC just wants a cut from everyone of his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        So because Floyd went to jail for a few months he should have been stripped??I don't agree with that...
        No because Floyd won the welterweight title in September last year. The general rule is after a year of not defending it, it is stripped? So I would think if the title were vacant, then Guerrero-Berto would have been for the vacant Welterweight title.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
          Legit as anyone else in that division minus the two P4P champs.
          Green k bruh

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            You after Bradley beats Pac..

You when you heard Pac did not have to fight Bradley again...:wank:

Don't worry Pac will retire soon and you'll be gone..

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
              No because Floyd won the welterweight title in September last year. The general rule is after a year of not defending it, it is stripped? So I would think if the title were vacant, then Guerrero-Berto would have been for the vacant Welterweight title.
              So Berto fighting bum azz Berto would have been and acceptable opponent for a belt in your opinion??I've seen worse tho tbh..LOL..I mean look who Berto won his first belt from...Jeez..

Comment

So Berto fighting bum azz Berto would have been and acceptable opponent for a belt in your opinion??I've seen worse tho tbh..LOL..I mean look who Berto won his first belt from...Jeez..
                Zaveck's not a bad fighter IMO it's probably Berto's best win.

And yeah it would have been acceptable if it was vacant, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                  no he didn't
                  LOL go check his rec..29-0..Deal with it homie...LMAO..

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Zaveck's not a bad fighter IMO it's probably Berto's best win.

And yeah it would have been acceptable if it was vacant, absolutely.
                    I don't agree...Berto has no belt and was not ranked...No matter how ya spin it,that fight should not have been for a belt...I wonder if this was Peterson would everyone feel the same way..

Comment

I don't agree...Berto has no belt and was not ranked...No matter how ya spin it,that fight should not have been for a belt...I wonder if this was Peterson would everyone feel the same way..
                      But the only reason he wasn't ranked was because he was inactive (For reasons we know)

He was still a Top WW at the time.

It's like saying Mayweather wasn't a Top WW when Ortiz fought him.

Comment

Working...
                      X