No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves: I Don't Need That Much To Beat James DeGale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves: I Don't Need That Much To Beat James DeGale

George Groves (12-0, 10KOs) is hungry for the chance to face his British super middleweight rival, James DeGale (9-0, 7KOs). Adam Booth, the manager and trainer, says he is very close to reaching a deal for the date and venue with Degale's promoter, Frank Warren. Groves returned to action on Saturday night in Yorkshire, stopping Daniel Allotey in four one-sided rounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

Groves loses to Degale and destroys his career! he should just avaoid Degale as he could be a decent fighter! Abit like when Dirrel fought carl froch and was no way ready or mature enough to take the big fights!

Comment

as much as i'd love Grooves to smash Degale it just ain't gonna happen can even see Degale stopping him.

Comment

DeGale and Groves have been hated rivals in British Isles going back to the amateurs for about 10 years now. Groves has beaten DeGale 3 out of 4 times fighting in the amateurs. DeGale won the last fight by a close points decision.

Hopefully a fight between DeGale and Groves can be made. Would be a great fight in the super middleweight division and for England. Also the fight would be for the BBBofC title and the Commenwealth (British Empire) title

Comment

Originally posted by Rpgboxen View Post
          DeGale and Groves have been hated rivals in British Isles going back to the amateurs for about 10 years now. Groves has beaten DeGale 3 out of 4 times fighting in the amateurs. DeGale won the last fight by a close points decision.

Hopefully a fight between DeGale and Groves can be made. Would be a great fight in the super middleweight division and for England. Also the fight would be for the BBBofC title and the Commenwealth (British Empire) title
          was unaware they had clashed 4 times as amateurs thought it was just the once.

Comment

everyone seems to favour degale,cuz of his performances of late,but who out of them have been fighting the better opponents??.

I think it could be a close fight.Degale isnt as slick as hes made to look,and groves has good power.

love to see groves vs degale and fury vs chisora on the same card!.

Comment

Originally posted by dvb View Post
              everyone seems to favour degale,cuz of his performances of late,but who out of them have been fighting the better opponents??.

I think it could be a close fight.Degale isnt as slick as hes made to look,and groves has good power.

love to see groves vs degale and fury vs chisora on the same card!.
              DeGale has been fighting the better opponents. Fighting Paul Smith in only his 8th pro fight was a brave move. Groves was almost stopped by Kenny Anderson (who is admittedly a decent competitor).

As I've said all along, DeGale is far more talented than Groves and will stop him when they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by timba View Post
                DeGale has been fighting the better opponents. Fighting Paul Smith in only his 8th pro fight was a brave move. Groves was almost stopped by Kenny Anderson (who is admittedly a decent competitor).

As I've said all along, DeGale is far more talented than Groves and will stop him when they fight.
                Agreed.

Groves would be making a big mistake fighting DeGale at this stage.

Comment

They did fight just the once, he is thinking of Darren Sutherland vs DeGale.

Comment

Groves is a warrior with good power in both hands and has all the attacking tools, including the uppercut, but his defence is poor. Degale's straight punches will do the business inside five rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X