No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abraham-Ramirez Deal Reached in Principle, Says WBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    Not dramatically probably not, but some effort needs to be put into the card to not make it complete shit
    Yeah idk, Ward might have a more exciting style these days than Abraham. They might want to see if they can get Rigo/Agbeko II.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Yeah idk, Ward might have a more exciting style these days than Abraham. They might want to see if they can get Rigo/Agbeko II.
      Not saying Ramirez is popular, but Bob banking on

1) People tuning in because he's Mexican and hoping to get people on the fence to tune in
      2) Use it as a platform for Ramirez

Comment

Ramirez is fairly slow, has bad D, and a mediocre skill set, not much promise from this kid even if he takes Abraham's trinket.

Comment

I can't see Bob spending on this undercard, it just doesn't make economic sense. The fight is likely to struggle at the box office and adding more costs just makes that equation worse.

He might put this fight on as the co-feature since it will perhaps bring in some ethnic audiences and perhaps make the German fees go up a tad. So I could see how he would do that.

I would expect the rest of the card to also feature Mexican (or Mex-American) talent.

Comment

Not saying Ramirez is popular, but Bob banking on

1) People tuning in because he's Mexican and hoping to get people on the fence to tune in
            2) Use it as a platform for Ramirez
            Come to think of it, Fernando Montiel would probably generate some ppv buys.

Comment

Come to think of it, Fernando Montiel would probably generate some ppv buys.
              If the Cartel don't behead him for snitching on El Chapo

Comment

If the Cartel don't behead him for snitching on El Chapo

Comment

I see all of El Chapo's drug money went into buying Kanye's latest clothing line

Comment

Comments Thread For: Abraham-Ramirez Deal Reached in Principle, Says WBO

The respective camps for Arthur Abraham and Gilberto Ramirez made the most of their extended negotiation period, as the two sides are close to reaching terms for a mandated super middleweight title fight showdown.

Once finalized, the bout will be contested for the World Boxing Organization (WBO) super middleweight title. Abraham will make the sixth defense of the title he regained in March ’14, while the unbeaten Ramirez comes in as the mandatory challenger for his first world title fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

I agree with Arum. If this kid beats Abraham convincingly and entertaining enough, he would definitely be a big name. I'm sure he's trying his hardest to get this on the pac-bradley undercard

Comment

Working...
                      X